Tuesday, November 16, 2010

6 weeks=lots of changes!

Well Audrey is officially 6 weeks today and who are we kidding I love this little girl. The first big change for Audrey is she is a smiling machine. I swear the kid has been smiling since day 1 but for the past week it is completely intentional...this smile below is a very modest one too. Usually they are what I call granny smiles...where you can see all of her gums!
Audrey has also started to sleep through the night more consistently, 6 hours is now the minimum and 7-8 is occasional. Which with two kids couldn't be more appreciated. I don't know what I would do without the swaddle, I am positive that is why she has been such a great sleeper. She is still an eating machine, and loves to snuggle. during her (5 am feeding) I find myself falling asleep with her on my chest and waking up an hour later thinking man do I love this little girlie (ha ha ha!) Audrey's reflux has also gotten way better since being on the ZANTAC. The projectile spit-ups have completely ceased and now the spit up's are more normal (if spitting up can be normal!) I guess I am just one of the lucky mom's that will always have to burp my kiddo's with a blanket and not a little burp rag(ha ha ha!)

Also now that Audrey is 6 weeks old I have gone back to work (if you can call it that...I love teaching dance so it doesn't feel like work to me!) I will say that I had a little bit of anxiety the night before just thinking of trying to leave little Audrey but after discussing my concerns with Chris he reminded me of the following

#1. I am right down stairs

#2. We LOVE Mackenzie, our little baby sitter and my Mom who is amazing. So we know that Aud is in good hands.

#3. I love what I do.

SO I will say it was a bit of a stress having to plan ahead so much. 2:00 pm I fed Audrey, 2:30 pm got Lydia ready for dance, got them both in their car seats, 3:00 pm went picked up the babysitter and finally got Mackenzie and Audrey situated and 3:25 headed down to dance with Lydia. I was a little worried but once classes got started I remember just how much I LOVE teaching dance. It was also so nice because I went up stairs a few times to check on Mackenzie and Audrey and every time they were doing great!


It has also been nice having Lydia go to her friend Peyton's house on Monday's too. Lydia loves the Hansen's and loves her friend Peyton...I feel so lucky to have such great neighbors and friends who are so willing to help me out! And also it is a huge relief to have my mom coming out on Wednesdays to watch both of the girls! Who are we kidding I don't know what I would do without her!

So all in all 6 weeks has brought on a lot of anxiety, anticipation but overall relief that everything went so smoothly and that we have such amazing people around us to help us!

As far as Lydia goes, that girl is getting sassier by the day...I can't get enough of her little comments and big bear hugs. Here are a few of my favorite things about Lydia right now

#1. She loves to say "Look mom" and jump off the couch, bed, chair...and she does it over and over again!

#2. She does baby talk to Audrey ( I have got to get this on video and post it...it is hilarious) It gives me a glimpse of what I must sound like to her (ha ha ha!)

#3. She can't say her S's so she says the following word

farties=smarties

scary-cary

skeleton=heleton

#4. Her fascination with poop...she wants to see every poop when I change her or Audrey's diapers and she always has to tell me what color it is too.

#5. Every day she asks me "Is is Halloween day?"

#6 You can ask her lines from her favorite movies and she repeats them.

#7. When brushing her teeth she brushes like her favorite movie characters (the beast, bob, Jesse, Shrek, Fiona, bullseye...)

#8 When she see's Chris in the shower she says "EEEWWW gross" When she sees me in the shower she says "WOO WOO Mommy "

#9 She mimics everything I do. The other day I was on the phone with the costume catalog company. Next thing I know Lydia is by my side with her play cell phone, writing on her papers just like mommy. (Only she was planning a play date with Bode and Raini...ha ha ha!)

#10 She says things like this every day that make me laugh....

We had been driving in the snow and rain and when we got into the garage water and mud were dripping off the tires. Lydia looked at me concerned and back at the tires and said
"OH NO MOMMY...The Tire is pooping in the garage!!!"

How can you not love life with a 2 yr old!




6 comments:

Jake and Kim said...

Lydia is really such a little character!! Audrey is beautiful Brittani! You have one good lookin family if I may say so...(woo woo!)

J & B said...

Audrey is so cute! Can't wait to see her in person some time! I totally know what you mean about using blankets instead of little burp rags! Have you ever tried using cloth diapers for burp rags? They work great!
-Jandie

Meg said...

Love my "nieces" so much. Lydia is so hilarious to me and Audrey is a sweetie pie. Can't wait till our kids can be bestest friends!!

Dave and Lindsay said...

I love it!! I love the comments. I can't wait till Neila says stuff like that!!

NatBug said...

6 weeks already? Time flies by so fast.....I totally know how you feel! She is abosultely adorable! And Lydia is so funny, I love the things that little kids say!

Momma Fish said...

If anyone knows what it's like to juggle work and 2 kids it's me. PLEASE call me when you need help because I know how hard it can be.


This is my favorite pic of her holding on to grandpa's finger

Baby Girl

Baby Girl
This is our baby girl at 16 weeks. It was such an amazing thing to see her moving and count all of her fingers and toes for the first time. I know I bawled and Chris won't admitt it, but he was pretty emotional as well.

It's a girl!

It's a girl!

She's going to be a dancer