Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Thankful to be a MOM!

Well over the past couple of weeks I have to say that I have felt overwhelmingly BLESSED...there is no other way to describe it. This past week (Thanksgiving) I had a chance to think about what I am truly thankful for at this time and there is one thing that stands out more than any. I am so grateful to be a MOM.

I can't think of anything I would rather be doing in my life at this time than changing diapers, reading bed time books, getting excited about first smiles and giggles, watching my 2 1/2 yr old learn to sing and dance. I love holding Audrey in my arms as she is falling asleep, and when I set her down she wakes up almost as if she knows I'm no longer there. I love hearing Lydia pray, talk about nursery or sing "Jesus wants me for a sunbeam." I love seeing her play with new friends and tell me things that she observes. It cracks me up that she points out every X-terra or Infiniti and tells me "Hey thats our car!" I love waking up every morning and knowing that I have two beautiful DAUGHTERS to spend my day with, I truly have no greater joy than providing for them and trying to help to shape their lives. I can honestly say that I feel so honored to have this opportunity and I am going to try to enjoy every second of it. I have already started to see how quickly it goes by (i.e. Lydia is almost 3 and Audrey is already 2 months old...where does the time go?) I always want my kids to know that I truly loved every minute of being there mom, even cleaning up the spit up, changing numerous dirty diapers, wiping snotty noses, and I am even willing to sacrifice my body (ha ha ha!) I know for a fact that my muffin top may never be the same (I wish I could be like the Seinfeld episode, and take the top off i.e. top o' the mornin to ya!)

I also realize that I am far from perfect, that I will make many mistakes as a mom along the way. I have already seen first hand how horrible I feel when I lose my temper, and how quickly Lydia is to forgive me. I know that even though I am bound to make many more MISTAKES I am going to try my hardest to learn from them and do better.

I also want to say thanks to all the people who have been amazing "MOM" examples in my life. My own mom, my mother-in-law, grandma's, sister-in-laws, and especially my best friend Meg. Meg is a true example of what it is to be a mother, to be selfless and patient. Meg thanks for your example to me, we are so excited for you to welcome your 2nd into your family and we can't wait to meet the newest addition of your darling family!

Overall I can't express enough how THANKFUL I am, and I always want to provide the love and support that I was given throughout my own life!

6 comments:

Jake and Kim said...

K I am holding back tears Brittani! What a truer than true post. Loved it. ps The bit about the muffin top had me rolling!!

l.k. said...

love it britt! you are an amazing mom and i hope that one day i can be half as good at you as being a mom one day. thank you for appreciating motherhood. it really means a lot to me (i know that sounds weird). love you!

NatBug said...

What a beautiful post Brittany, I feel the same way. I hope that you know how lucky and blessed you are to be able to stay at home with your little ones.

Jill Bowcutt said...

What a nice tribute! It's sad how fast we forget why we do it right? Thanks for the reminder and the adorable pics of your girls. I promise I will update my blog soon. I'm such a slacker.

Ashley King said...

Totally agree with Kim, this was a tearjerker post! Your girls are lucky to have you :)

Meg said...

Um, I was getting choked up before I even read the part with my own name in it. Britt, I hope you realize what an example you are to me and how much I love you. I told Colby the other day not to ever compare me to you as a mom to our kids because, let's be honest...you are wonder-mom. I love your girls like they were my own nieces and I can't wait to share parenthood moments together. Love you. ~Me


This is my favorite pic of her holding on to grandpa's finger

Baby Girl

Baby Girl
This is our baby girl at 16 weeks. It was such an amazing thing to see her moving and count all of her fingers and toes for the first time. I know I bawled and Chris won't admitt it, but he was pretty emotional as well.

It's a girl!

It's a girl!

She's going to be a dancer