Monday, August 15, 2011

First day

I can not believe it but my baby girl had her first day of pre-school. I was so nervous, was she going to like it, would she listen to her teacher, would she make new friends and fit in. I had to actually wake her up to go the first day and by the third day she was yelling at me..."MOM, hurry I don't want to be late for pre-school!"

We are actually so lucky that she is going to a darling pre-school of a dear family I love. Many of you may have heard me talk about my favorite babysitter Mackenzie. She was actually in my first third grade class I taught at Ridgecrest Elementary. Then randomly after we had moved to Riverton I ran into her mom at Costco and she got her girls signed up for dance, and Mackenzie has been babysitting for us ever since. Her mom is actually Lydia's pre-school teacher and Lydia absolutely ADORES her. She says "Mom I love miss Angie!"

I can hardly believe that she is growing up so fast! I always think I just want to enjoy every second, before I know it she will be going to kinder-garten, then jr. high where she is too cool for me. I told Chris every time she says "mom, hold my hand" I can't help but try to take a mental note...enjoy this before you know she won't want to hold your hand. Or when she wants me to read her a story before bed, before I know it she will be texting and talking on the phone to friends (I am sure after I have gone to bed.) But right now I just want to enjoy this. I want to enjoy her saying "mom, watch this" and needing me to give her a hug when she falls. Or wanting a band-aide even if I can't see the "Owie" I love being a mom more then anything in the world. I love seeing my children grow and develop and I just never want to take that for granted. This past week has been a reminder that it goes too fast...so enjoy it!
I am pretty sure her back-pack is bigger then her (ha ha ha!)
She was so excited...didn't even act for one minute that she was sad I was leaving her there. Just walked right in and waved good-bye!
Lydia and her favorite "Miss Angie"


7 comments:

Emily Judd said...

love this post! I try to remind myself to enjoy the little things like that as well. not always easy, but I am going to miss it when its gone! Hooray for the first day of preschool! I'm glad she likes it!

Ashley King said...

Awe, she looks so darling all ready for school with her backpack. And there should be a disclaimer before that last paragraph for overly hormonal moms like myself - I totally teared up! lol

Meg said...

I can't believe you have a kid in pre-school already!! Lydia looks so darling. Where does the time go?

Emily Call said...

How adorable. I hope she enjoys her year!

Elaine Hardman said...

I can't believe my little granddaughter is in pre school! I remember when her mother started pre-school and it wasn't all that long ago. Sort of bittersweet!

Pew Family said...

Oh I'm so sad they're growing up so fast! I can't even bring myself to say the word pre-school. That's so great you found a pre-school teacher that you love, that's so important! Maybe next year for us?!?! She looks so darling on her first day!! Beautiful girl!

Shana Smith said...

Why do years pass by so quickly? It makes me so sad that they grow up, although they keep getting more and more fun as they get bigger, I get emotional thinking about the day they no longer need kisses and cuddles! I just might cry in a week when Coasten goes to school! Lydia is darling in her first day of school clothes:)


This is my favorite pic of her holding on to grandpa's finger

Baby Girl

Baby Girl
This is our baby girl at 16 weeks. It was such an amazing thing to see her moving and count all of her fingers and toes for the first time. I know I bawled and Chris won't admitt it, but he was pretty emotional as well.

It's a girl!

It's a girl!

She's going to be a dancer