Thursday, January 5, 2012

The 2012 Knudsen Summit

Well Chris and I for a while have been wanting to take a night, without distractions and really figure out what our short term and long term goals are for our family. Chris surprised me last Friday he sent me to Message Envy to get a message first of all...I guess he figured that setting goals was going to be a bit stressful and I would need the decompression time first (ha ha ha!) Anyways then he had arranged for his brother Justin and his Wife Lindsey and cute Brooks to come and stay at our house over night.

We checked into the Hotel Monaco (one of my all time favorite Hotels in SLC...not like I have stayed at very many:) I am telling ya they put something in the air there that is AMAZING!!! The room was so stinking cool and we were on the 12th floor so the view was also AMAZING.

Then it was off to dinner, he figured we couldn't set goals on an empty stomach. So lucky for us one of our new favorite restaurants was within walking distance. *We also love the Hotel Monaco because we usually just take trax everywhere we go and leave our car in parking! Settabello's was so yummy as usualy...I am seriously OBSESSED with their pizza it doesn't leave you feeling all greasy and gross for sure!

Then it was back to the room to figure out what we want for our family! All I can say is I would highly recommend this to anyone, it was so nice to spend a couple of hours just discussing what we want for our family, our marriage, out of work, church and lots of other things. We were able to set time lines for certain goals so that we don't feel like we have goals but no real direction. By about 11:00 we were both in need of a break so we headed to the best place we could find open at that time that wasn't a bar...Denny's. I got their yummy brownie Sunday, let's just say I was glad I had run 8 miles that morning or else I would've felt really guilty (ha ha ha!)

It was such a nice surprise, I was so glad that Justin and Lindsey were willing to watch our kids and give us that opportunity. We were both GIDDY driving on Bangerter knowing we were going to get to see our kids in a couple of minutes...I love them and am so grateful for them and hope that we can really reach the goals we have set for them!
Can't beat their dessert...or the people watching that goes on at 11 pm (ha ha ha!)
The Margherita Pizza...AMAZING!!!
WE LOVE STAYING HERE!!!
Chris sprung for the delux and it was pretty awesome!


3 comments:

Hughes said...

What a great idea to have a summit to plan your goals! We need to do this for our family. Maybe having some structure would be helpul to see where we want to go.
Thanks for the tip! :)

Emily Judd said...

How freaking cool is that? What a great idea! It sounds like it was the perfect mini getaway too. I might have to send this post to Nathan. If Chris is cool enough to do this then maybe he will think its a great idea too!

Sarah said...

What a great idea! I love that Chris sent you for a massage first. How thoughtful! Because really, planning futures and making goals is definitely stressful! You guys did it the right way. We'll copy you in the future :)


This is my favorite pic of her holding on to grandpa's finger

Baby Girl

Baby Girl
This is our baby girl at 16 weeks. It was such an amazing thing to see her moving and count all of her fingers and toes for the first time. I know I bawled and Chris won't admitt it, but he was pretty emotional as well.

It's a girl!

It's a girl!

She's going to be a dancer