Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Christmas 2012

Christmas this year was so much fun, I think that each year it will progressively get more and more exciting for our kids...I love it! We woke up early and my parents and younger brother Tyler came out and we all went to our ward. Both Chris and I agreed that we wish every year was on a Sunday, it was so nice to feel the spirit so strongly and to be reminded of the true meaning of Christmas, before all the craziness began. Out ward did such an amazing job on the program and the spirit was undeniable.

Afterwards we all come home and got our pajama's back on...you can't open presents in a dress (ha ha ha!) Lydia was so excited with each present, she would squeal and scream and couldn't have been any cuter. Then because Liddy was so excited Audrey was really getting into it too...LOVED it! Liddy had been asking for a while for a scooter and a lady bug blanket. Luckily our darling baby sitter Mackenzie got Lid this cute lady bug blanket and Auds a little mermaid one. She is so cute to our girls. Both girls got lots of fun toys, LIddy got her Lala loopsy dolls, a barbie car, some tools to work with dad, some play dough, a little mermaid and rapunzel toy and of course her scooter. Audrey got a build a bear, a little people farm, a new barbie, a shopping cart, and some little toys as well. I got totally spoiled this year by Chris he got me a $100 gift card to H&M, $100 towards new ski's (mine are ancient) and new pots and pans from Costco...I had been coveting them for a long time. Poor Chris didn't get too spoiled this year, at least on Christmas. He got a gun safe, with $100 towards a new gun. some clothes, and then after Christmas we got him this AMAZING shower head. I should say we both benefit from that present (ha ha ha!) Anyways overall we all got pretty dang spoiled!

After we had my mom's infamous stuffed french toast and I made an egg casserole. We then cleaned up and put Audrey down for a nap and my parents and Ty went home. We then met up at my parents again at 3:00 because Derek and Ashley had gotten in from St. George visiting her family. It was fun to be all together and as usual my parents SPOILED us. They surprised us all by getting each family an iPad 2. Yes we are officially cool...ha ha ha! It was so much fun seeing every one surprised. We then did our family gift exchange, had some yummy bean soup, and played a couple of games of catch phrase! It was a great Christmas, loved being able to spend time with my family.

The night after we had dinner at our dear friends the Babcock's. My dad baptized Liz's family while he was on his mission and we consider them to be our family. We got to see their new house for the first time...it was beautiful. And as usual the food, and the company was great! We always love any time we get to spend with them. Later in the week we also ventured down to American fork to visit my Grandma Pierce. She seems to be doing so well, and the girls loved playing with all of her toys.

It was yet another great Christmas and so nice to spend time together as a family!
Christmas Eve
My dad and Chris are both obsessed with getting the wrapping paper right into the trash...ha ha ha!
Auds and Nana
Lydia was one happy little girl!
The fam!
Grandpa keeping Audrey occupied and LIddy opening yet another present!
So spoiled
Tyler and Derek opened their iPad's at the same time and were so SURPRISED!!!
My cute brother Derek
Darling Ashley...being cute as usual!
Nana and Grandma Pierce



5 comments:

Janine Hughes said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Hughes Family said...

Sounds like you had a GREAT Christmas! Thanks for Sharing. And it's always great to hear how your brothers and parents are doing. Say Hi to them from us Texas family!

Sarah said...

Oh my goodness, I just LOVE Christmas posts! Yours looked amazing! What a fun fun day. Your family is just precious Brittani, cutest girls ever.

PS I love Liddy's hair all curled up in her preschool program post. Darling! And Audrey on that horse had me cracking up :)

Aly said...

Looks like you guys had such a wonderful Christmas. Your girls are so adorable. Love the darling note from Simon the elf. Too cute.

Ashley King said...

Your kids are so dang cute. Looks like you guys had a great Christmas :)


This is my favorite pic of her holding on to grandpa's finger

Baby Girl

Baby Girl
This is our baby girl at 16 weeks. It was such an amazing thing to see her moving and count all of her fingers and toes for the first time. I know I bawled and Chris won't admitt it, but he was pretty emotional as well.

It's a girl!

It's a girl!

She's going to be a dancer