Thursday, November 3, 2011

Halloween 2011

It was another great Halloween. I had the perfect day planned out in my mind, and let's just say it didn't turn out anything like I had imagined. I made soup...no one touched it (I had the left over's the next day and I thought they were pretty dang good if I may say so myself...ha ha ha!) I got caught in traffic driving the babysitter home after dance so I was rushing to get my glowstick luminaries put together...which in turn left my kitchen a DISASTER area, I don't do well with messy. Chris was stuck in traffic as well so I was a bit frazzled trying to get kid's ready and out the door (luckily my parents decided to ditch the 8 trick-or-treater's they would've had in their neighborhood and come with us so they were a HUGE help.) Anyways I had envisioned soup, trick-or-treating, pics of kids in cute skeleton jammie's, kids to sleep and watch a scary movie...ha ha ha and honestly even though it didn't turn out the way I imagined it was still a fun filled night with lot's of tricks and treats!
My mom and dad were good sports to come trick or treating with us in the cold, while Chris stayed back and handed out treats.
Liddy and Peyton...best of friends!
Grandpa was on car duty with Audrey...she was freezing by the end of the night but didn't even say boo, she loved every second she got in that little red car (ha ha ha!)
Nana and the girls!


Disclaimer* Yes Chris and I are adults, do we always act like it (NO...ha ha ha!)
Chris has had this plan for almost a year to play a prank on a bunch of our neighbor's...hence goblin boy. We placed him on our neighbor's doorsteps after 8:30 and to say that it was a bit creepy would be an understatement. We had a lot of really funny reactions, from throwing the dummy, to throwing candy at the dummy to giving the dummy choices of candy and asking if it was ok. Overall it was one of the funniest nights I have had in a LONG time. We will have to plan a new trick for next year...don't worry we are that immature (Ha ha ha!)
You have to admit if this was on your doorstep not moving a muscle you would be a bit nervous!



6 comments:

l.k. said...

Oh my heck! That is so hilarious!!!! Justin and I saw that on facebook and we were like, "What the heck?!" That is so funny. Remember when we used to doorbell ditch you with frosties? That was kinda lame, but this reminds me of that. Ha ha ha!!!! P.s. I know I say this every single day, but your kids are adorable!

Maranda said...

That is such an awesome idea! I hope you get video next time. I love it!!

Jake and Kim said...

bahaha I love pranks! Jake and I doorbell ditch people all the time (I wont say who) ;-) But seriously that goblin is freaky!!

Emily Judd said...

sounds like the perfect halloween, regardless of everything that went wrong!! LOVE LOVE LOVE that freaky guy. you need to name him ;)

Ashley King said...

The goblin boy is hilarious!! That would totally freak me out if he was on my porch. Sorry the night didn't quite turn out like you'd hoped, but glad the kids still had fun and hopefully you have lots of good candy to rummage through :)

The Treasures said...

That is hilarious! How funny of you guys to think of that. I'm sure the reactions were priceless.


This is my favorite pic of her holding on to grandpa's finger

Baby Girl

Baby Girl
This is our baby girl at 16 weeks. It was such an amazing thing to see her moving and count all of her fingers and toes for the first time. I know I bawled and Chris won't admitt it, but he was pretty emotional as well.

It's a girl!

It's a girl!

She's going to be a dancer