Sunday, May 17, 2009

Out with the old...in with the new!

Well Lydia started walking about a month ago...but she was very particular about when and who she would walk to. She would do it a couple of times and then just get frustrated because crawling didn't require as much effort. Last week I was watching some of the neighbor kids and that was the end of crawling for Lydia. She was so funny she would see Kaylee and D.J. walking and didn't want to feel left out so she walked everywhere just like them. It was so fun to see and I think that she has seen the light. So here is to out with the old and in with the new...which also brings a whole new set of obstacles and challenges but I say bring it on!

The kids had a lot of fun, I think Lydia really enjoyed having someone other than me to play with. We played in the bubbles, played with the playdough and had a lot of time spent with all of Lydia's toys!

I had to stop Lydia more than once from trying to eat the play dough...ha ha ha!

She finally decided that enough is enough and we couldn't be more excited!

I was laughing so hard because Lydia was absolutely intent on walking with her blankie...this is her love and she goes everywhere with it (too bad she picked the only white blanket!)

The next day we made cookie's and Lydia loved to lick the beaters!

0 comments:


This is my favorite pic of her holding on to grandpa's finger

Baby Girl

Baby Girl
This is our baby girl at 16 weeks. It was such an amazing thing to see her moving and count all of her fingers and toes for the first time. I know I bawled and Chris won't admitt it, but he was pretty emotional as well.

It's a girl!

It's a girl!

She's going to be a dancer