Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Some fun in the sun in good old St.George!

Well we went to St. George this past weekend for a final golf trip for Darin and for a much needed vacation for the rest of us. It was so much fun. Lindsey and I drove down Thursday night, we thought oh this will be good Lydia will sleep and then we will have all day Friday. Well Lydia didn't sleep and about Fillmore she threw up, quite a bit at that. So poor thing wasn't feeling too hot, I think she might get car sick (is that crazy?) Anyways so we arrived in St. George at about 1:30 am and yes Lydia was a little pill and wouldn't sleep once we got there either. She finally went down about 4:30 and woke up at about 6:30 am so needless to say we were pretty tired. And to make things even better when we got there poor Raini had been throwing up all night too, so poor Robin had the after math all over her nightgown (ha ha ha!) Anyways we hit the shops early hitting my favorite TJ MAXX and Patrice introduced us to one of her favorites "Urban Renewal" it was the cutest store but one you need to go in without kids (ha ha ha!) Later we had some Cafe' Rio then we went to the pool. It was so stinkin fun, I love that Lydia is getting old enough to actually enjoy things. She and the other kids were hillarious. That night the boys finally got there after golfing 18 holes in Fillmore and we all got a little bit more sleep. The next day we took the kids to the park and Patrice was headed home with her kids, little did she know while she was gone Clint had gotten the basement carpeted...we were all laughing because we all knew and she couldn't figure out why Clint didn't want her to come home yet! Later Lindsey and I did some more shopping and she took me to "The Egg and I" which I had heard everyone talk about from previous trips we had missed and yes it was even better than I had imagined. Jared and Stacey got there that after noon. Poor Stacey had Strep throat and didn't want to pass it on to anyone so they came up after her contagious period was up. We went to the pool, played some tennis, the girls got pedicures, and just had a blast. I got more fried than I have in years and I am still paying for it. It was so much fun, but sort of bitter sweet because for 2 more years we will be without Darin. Anyways as always it was a great trip and already I can't wait until next year!

Lydia making sure that she is fully covered in sun screen...inside and out! (ha ha ha!)
Robin, Patrice and Bode playing at the kiddie pool...it was so much fun!

The kids were so funny they wanted to get a pop so bad, they played over there for about 20 minutes trying to figure out how to get one. I love Lydia's rolls on her legs they are so funny.
Lydia loved the pool.

Aunt Linds was such a huge help on the trip, she got a real taste of being a mom.

Bode pushing Lydia in her floaty thing she hated.


We took the kids to a really cool park, we went back and took all the boys even they had a lot of fun.

The cute cousins


All Lydia wanted to do was put the bark in the hole...I don't know what to say!


"Oh mom this is so much fun!"


Liddy having fun with Daddy in the pool!

Later that night we went to Texas Roadhouse...one of my all time favorites their loaded sweet potatoes are the bomb! Darin was taking it all in, enjoying his last family vacation, we are sure going to miss him and that amazing personality!

Justin and Linds, the boys had bought air soft guns while we were shopping at the outlets! Needless to say there were a lot of funny stories that emerged from those guns.

Jared and Stace, Jared cracks me up...in every picture I have of them he is pulling that face. Stacey was a trooper, she was very sick and still could smile and have a good time.

Robin and Wayne they made the whole trip possible...BTW thanks Robin for the pedicure's my toes have never looked so good!

Our family, we couldn't get one where you could see Lydia's face...oh well!

9 comments:

NatBug said...

What a fun little get-a-way Brit! I am so jealous, I can't wait for things to heat up here. The picture of your family is great, I really like your hair!

Sarah said...

You and your family are so dang cute. You seriously look amazing! Looks like such a fun trip, I am so jealous... I need a vacation!!

Kyle and Megan said...

It was good to see you guys in St. George, I can't believe its been 5 years since I saw Chris, and I ran into him in St. George. We should get together sometime.

Meg said...

Did you get as burned as you did in Pinedale after you guys just got married and your skin was purple because you were so fried! I felt so bad for you:0) LOL. Sounds like you had fun.

Kara said...

Sounds like a fun trip. How nice of your inlaws to do that.

Pew Family said...

What a fun trip! Sorry about the not fun car ride! Life with a 1 year old is never dull.

Heather Strong said...

YOU use Nuby sippies, too!! They are the best! That looks like a super fun trip, wish I could have come!

Bryant and Katie said...

Looks like you guys had fun!b It needs to be summer already so we don't need to get away just to feel the sun!

Bro K said...

How fun for all of you...! That is crazy that Lydi got sick and Raini too..and that she didn't sleep much...I just had to chuckle cause I feel your pain. Been there done that.. I promise it gets easier and even more fun! Scotty is just so fun these days... It is fun to catch up with you all here...thanks! Take Care! See you Sunday at Daren's farwell... and then Memorial Day breakfast. I guess the Knudsen family is doing their own thing this year...just us together. I think it is great idea even though I love the rest of the extended family..it will be great to just us...Take Care!!


This is my favorite pic of her holding on to grandpa's finger

Baby Girl

Baby Girl
This is our baby girl at 16 weeks. It was such an amazing thing to see her moving and count all of her fingers and toes for the first time. I know I bawled and Chris won't admitt it, but he was pretty emotional as well.

It's a girl!

It's a girl!

She's going to be a dancer