Thursday, June 4, 2009

Late Lake Powell over Memorial day pics!

Well for Memorial day this year we went down to Lake Powell and stayed on my Parents house boat. It was so much fun. We had some rainy weather on Saturday, but we made the most of it and enjoyed the sun on Sunday and Monday! Thanks again mom and dad for inviting us and thanks for all your help with Lydia! Lydia helping dad get ready for powell.
Saturday it rained so we had to resort to other measures...

that's where garbage bags came in handy!


Lydia really enjoyed playing with the marine band...



she loves anything that resembles a cell phone!





Since it was rainy Chris built Lydia a fort to play in with the mats up top...




That's my husband for ya.






Fuzzy pic of us, yes we need a new camera.







Liddy with her Nana and G-Pa

I can't wait for the day I can get a pic with Lydia where she is looking at the camera (ha ha ha!)

I took and shower on the house boat and so Lydia had to have a bath...You have got to love that bubble butt!

Lydia absolutely loved the boat. She cried when we took her off the back of the boat.

We love Lake Powell and hopefully Lydia will love it as much as we do!

We found a cool little rock island and so we jumped out and let Lydia play around. She had so much fun, she would splash and giggle and she loved sitting and letting the waves rush over her.

My little water baby.
We are training Lydia early that the best water is at first light...the skiers wake up early while the wakeboarders sleep in and get crappy water (ha ha ha!)
Her future is so bright she has to wear shades!

7 comments:

Ashley King said...

Do you guys stay in bullfrog? We were in Warm Creek (by Wahweap), but man that was some wacky weather over Memorial down there! Cute pics...love the one of Liddy taking a bath in the sink!

Pew Family said...

How fun! I can't wait to take Kennedy to Lake Powell! It looks like you guys had such a fun time! Your dance concert looks like it was a smashing success, Congratulations! And about running, an injury set me back a little bit so I'm not quite back up to extremely long runs yet. But I'll keep you posted!

NatBug said...

I love Lake Powell. Growing up my Grandma Ila (Colby Miller's GM) would always take our family and some of the cousins down there in the summer time. Some of my favorite memories from my childhood are from Powell! Looks like your parents have one of the super nice house boats too!

Sharielle said...

How much fun and Lydia is sooo cute. I totally remeber our Powell trip in High School...good times! Glad you are instilling (sp?)the love in Lydia at a young age!

Sarah said...

Ohhhhh Powell.... how I miss it! I'm so jealous, we haven't been in about 3 years. I love your Sunday post, it cracked me up. When I had only 1 kid, we used to go to a parents house every Sunday too. Now... i think we're a little imposing! Lydia is so so darling.

Dave and Lindsay said...

I love that your family still goes down every year that's so great!!! We had some good times down there. Lydia is so dang cute, not to mention that little bubble butt!!! Glad to see you guys are doing well!! Miss you.

Staci Davies said...

Ahhh. There is nothing like that place. And I love your houseboat. So lucky! Love the picture of cute little Lydia in the sink. I do love that bubble butt as well. So cute! Glad you guys had such a good time


This is my favorite pic of her holding on to grandpa's finger

Baby Girl

Baby Girl
This is our baby girl at 16 weeks. It was such an amazing thing to see her moving and count all of her fingers and toes for the first time. I know I bawled and Chris won't admitt it, but he was pretty emotional as well.

It's a girl!

It's a girl!

She's going to be a dancer