Thursday, August 5, 2010

My little Ballet Dancer

Lydia had her first "Real" dance class this week. I was so nervous for how she was going to be. Would she listen to me, was she going to just dance all over like we usually do, would she try to take the other girls in her play room? I had all these reservations and worries, not to mention I was just so excited that she was going to be taking dance.

Anyways I had to wake her up from her nap, which as a dance teacher you know when a girl come straight from a nap you usually won't get much dancing out of that girl. But with the bribe of a Popsicle I got her in her dance clothes and a little more awake. Then it was off to the basement to get her warmed up to the idea before the other little girlies got there. It took her a few minutes and then she was back to her hyper, happy self. She is such a ham in the studio and her favorite thing to say is "MAMA YOOK" as she shows off one of her cool dance moves.

Then the other little girls started arriving and I was worried if she would listen...well she did great. She followed directions really well and was even the mini-me shooshing the girls that were giggling or screaming with excitement, I must say it was pretty dang cute. I also have to say that my 2 yr old class this years seems way older for some reason, not a single tear was shed and not a single mom sat in the classroom...it was AWESOME!!!

To say that my "Little girl is growing up!" would be an understatement but it is just about the only thing I can say to describe how I feel. I love that she seemed to love it and the next morning I caught her in her room trying to put on her ballet shoes and skirt and she didn't want to take them off!

The Bribe

Feeling a little nervous
And wammo...showing off her leg extension!
Her turns, I love the wind up (ha ha ha!)
Her favorite move the upside down leg extension
her run, run leaps...which obviously she LOVES!
Hamming it us as usual!
I only got one pic once a few of the kids got there just because it was time to be teacher and not mommy (ha ha ha !)




4 comments:

holly said...

adorable! kate had so much fun yesterday! thanks for being such an amazing (& patient) teacher!

Ashley King said...

So cute!! It must be so fun to have her in your class now! She looks like a natural (and why wouldn't she be - it's in her genes!). Can't wait until Brekkie is old enough to start (though she will probably have no rhythm like me).

NatBug said...

Very cute Brit...when I see cute little things like this it really makes me want to have a girl, I am such a girly girl! But I wouldn't trade my boys in for anything!

Marie said...

Thanks so much! That was so fun! Deni loved it so much and talks about it every day! Sorry about her huge tantrum in the waiting room after...she wanted to keep dancing :)


This is my favorite pic of her holding on to grandpa's finger

Baby Girl

Baby Girl
This is our baby girl at 16 weeks. It was such an amazing thing to see her moving and count all of her fingers and toes for the first time. I know I bawled and Chris won't admitt it, but he was pretty emotional as well.

It's a girl!

It's a girl!

She's going to be a dancer