Sunday, August 1, 2010

The Big Nursery Reveal!

Well the nursery for our sweet baby girl #2 is officially complete (minus the name blocks to go on the shelf, due to Chris not wanting to decide on a name yet!)

I had so much fun putting this nursery together. If you know me at all you know I am not a very creative or crafty person especially when it comes to sewing. Lucky for me I have a husband with a great vision and a mom who is an amazing seamstress and very good at passing on her sewing knowledge!

Anyways I am proud to say that I painted the wall, frames, shelf, window bar and wooden flower frames. Sewed the bed skirt, pillow, drapes and three blankets all by myself (aren't a such a big girl...ha ha ha!) I couldn't have done the blankets without my mom's help on the crib one, which is flawless compared to the ones I did by myself. And I with Chris' help put up the satin ribbon and the "Twinkle, Twinkle" saying. To say the least it may not be the most fancy or expensive nursery but I will say that I absolutely love the way it all came together.
Who would've thought 96 yards of purple satin ribbon could look so cute on a wall!
Can't wait to be able to put the name up on the shelf, then it will really feel complete!
Don't look too close at the saying, I had to take down the bottom two lines letter by letter and re-adjust them because we put them up crooked (yeah it took me FOREVER!!!)
I wish I had a close up of the blanket my mom made her, it is seriously so DARLING!
Can't wait to spend countless hours with baby girl #2 in this little nursery!



8 comments:

Sarah said...

Oh my goodness.... seriously?! GREAT job Britt! SO darling. And I cannot believe you're done with the nursury, I'm not due much after you and haven't even thought about it! True, I don't know what I'm having, but still... our nursury is an empty room, and the crib is still in the garage in pieces-haha! But anyway, it is darling.

Ashley King said...

Great job - it is adorable!! I just love the fun colors. And congrats on hitting 30 weeks today..it is all downhill now, right? :)

Hughes Family said...

What a great job! This room is so cute. Where did you get the twinkle twinkle phrase??
CUUUUUUTTTTEE!!
I will use this as inspiration for our baby # 2 room.

Meg said...

It turned out so darling!! I love it. You are too so creative and good at decorating. Can't wait to meet the little princess:0)

Sherion said...

Wow, looks great!

holly said...

It is so cute! I love the ribbon on the wall...what a darling idea :)

Shana Smith said...

Wow, it looks fantastic! So darling.. It always makes it feel more real when the nursery is completed.. So fun:)

Patrice Pedersen said...

Seriously it is darling!!! You never give yourself any credit but you are definately creative!


This is my favorite pic of her holding on to grandpa's finger

Baby Girl

Baby Girl
This is our baby girl at 16 weeks. It was such an amazing thing to see her moving and count all of her fingers and toes for the first time. I know I bawled and Chris won't admitt it, but he was pretty emotional as well.

It's a girl!

It's a girl!

She's going to be a dancer