Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Z-O-O-!

Chris went out of town this past weekend so it was just Lydia and I all weekend. We had a blast (especially me!) I made Lydia a rag blanket (like the babies)...from the baby so she doesn't feel left out. We painted our nails, watched lots of "Toy Story I and II" she got a new "Jesse" doll, she got to play with her Grandma and Grandpa Knudsen and meet her new cousin Dane. But my favorite thing we did was go to the zoo!

I haven't been to the zoo since I was a little kid and so it brought back a lot of fond memories ( I don't remember the zoo stinking so bad as a kid, but maybe that's just from being prego) of my family going there. Lydia loved seeing all the animals in real life and kept on making the sounds that they make. There truly is no greater feeling than seeing your kids happy! This was a great weekend for that!

The good old lion drinking fountains...I have pics of me and my brothers in front of that same fountain!
She said "Mama yook, yion rrraaaagggghhhh!"
Elephants
Lydia called this one "THE DADDY!"
We had to go on the carosel, and she wanted to ride the baby elephant.
I LOVE THAT LITTLE GIRL!
The rhino's
My favorite the giraffe's
She even got to see a leopard eating a chuck of cow...gross!
And to finish it off we went on the train...another one of Lydia's latest obsessions!
Choo Choo!




7 comments:

Patrice Pedersen said...

looks like tons of fun! I agree about the stench. The older I get the more it stinks. The joy of being a little kid you don't notice things like that...

Hughes Family said...

You took some great photos Britt! Looks like mini you had a lot of fun!!

Meg said...

Amazing pics Brit!! Are you taking a class? You need to teach me some tricks! Looks like a lot of fun. I love it when I can spend one on one time with my kids. It's actually FUN!

Rob Dog said...

Britt SO cute!! I love the zoo, I think I like it more than Hayden does!! :) We really do need to get these kids together! We are in Riverton now, we are just off 13th west and not too far from 123rd south. (more like 116th). How about you? where are you? are we close?

Aly said...

She is so adorable! Those pics are amazing girl! Love your blog by the way...Can't wait to meet baby girl #2!!

Sarah said...

Where have you been? I miss your posts... I have been a lazy commentor, but your past few trips and fun things you do make it seem like you're having a great, successful summer! Liddy looks freakin' adorable, as always :)

Kara said...

Looks so fun! Madison says the same thing, even down to the Aaaargh thing at the end. :)


This is my favorite pic of her holding on to grandpa's finger

Baby Girl

Baby Girl
This is our baby girl at 16 weeks. It was such an amazing thing to see her moving and count all of her fingers and toes for the first time. I know I bawled and Chris won't admitt it, but he was pretty emotional as well.

It's a girl!

It's a girl!

She's going to be a dancer