Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Bad Mommy!

So the other day I put my girls in Lydia's room in hopes they would play together for a little bit so I could get the house cleaned. Well to my surprise they played so well. I checked to see and it had been over an hour. I kept thinking I don't want to go in there and disrupt them, usually they will play together for 20 minutes or so and then they get in a fight and sister time is OVER!!! Not this day though. Anyways I was cleaning my bathroom and could hear Auds approaching...in crawled the little stinker and she was COVERED in marker. I was horrified...I ran into Lydia's room expecting to see a room covered in marker...well pretty close both girls and their 5 foot teddy bear. I pulled them out and was trying to figure out what to do first (well after taking pictures.) Lydia kept asking "Are you going to put me in time out?" Now usually miss-use of markers is time out worthy but this time I just couldn't...I was the bad mom that thought, I am just going to leave them. We had a big talk about not using the markers to draw on ourselves, at which point Lydia informed me she just wanted to look like a tiger, and so did Audrey and Teddy. Anyways after a good bath, and scrubbing Teddy with carpet cleaner they were all marker free! I had to laugh, especially at Audrey because she was just as happy as can be! Lydia even went as far as to put red marker on Audrey's lips so it looked like a creepy combination of the Joker and chucky...ha ha ha! Anyways I love my girls, and even though I don't love cleaning up markers I love to think of them getting along and being best friends...something I never had the chance to have!



Lydia knew she was in trouble and when I got in there she was in the bathroom trying to wipe it off, so her picture is slightly less obvious how bad it was.
Audrey on the other hand was clueless as to what she looked like (ha ha ha!)

I had to post this little gem, our Simon is so creative...we love finding where he is going to be hiding every day (ha ha ha!)


6 comments:

Emily Judd said...

the look on audrey's face is priceless. i just love it! and you are not a bad mom, you just had an unlucky moment :)

Hughes Family said...

Ok, the photo of little Aud is HILARIOUS!!!! OMG, totally made my day! lol.

Meg said...

I laughed out loud when I saw the picture of Audrey. That is kinda funny...not when it probably happened but hopefully you can look back at it and laugh! I don't think you're a bad mom..in fact, I hope I am as good of a mom as you are!

Momma Fish said...

SO SO SO FUNNY!!!

Jake and Kim said...

haha the picture of Audrey is so wonderful, I laughed out loud the second I saw it!! I also laughed at the image in my head of a nervous Lydia trying so hard to wash off the marker in the bathroom. You are GREAT mommy and ditto what Meg said :)

The Holt's said...

Oh man.....I laughed out loud at audreys sweet face!!!!! You are a great mom. A bad mom would have yelled and screamed. :)


This is my favorite pic of her holding on to grandpa's finger

Baby Girl

Baby Girl
This is our baby girl at 16 weeks. It was such an amazing thing to see her moving and count all of her fingers and toes for the first time. I know I bawled and Chris won't admitt it, but he was pretty emotional as well.

It's a girl!

It's a girl!

She's going to be a dancer