Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Sun Valley 2011

Well we went to Sun Valley again this year...it was LONG overdue since we hadn't been in almost 3 yrs. We went with our good friends the Miller's and as always it was seriously such an amazing vacation! We stayed at the Lodge, Lydia was loving that they gave us chocolates each night. We ended up leaving Audrey at home with my mom and my mother in law helped too. It was nice not to have to wrestle that little stinker all day while trying to get some skiing in as well. I am pretty sure that she LOVED all the attention from my parents and brothers and didn't miss us a bit. I know it was much needed one on one time with Lydia too. She seriously couldn't stop smiling the whole drive there, and any time anyone asked her if she missed her sister her answer was a very definitive "NO" can you blame her...she is only 3 afterall (ha ha ha!)

Day 1: Anyways we got down there Friday afternoon and after checking in we headed to Smoky Mt. Pizza and Pasta. It is a tradition and I used to work at the one in Sandy while I was in college so it holds a special place in my heart...and I LOVE their Greek Penne it is the BOMB!!!
Lydia so excited to Finally be in Sun Valley (or Sun Balley as she says it!)
Smoky Mt. Pizza...Cash was so good the whole trip but he didn't want his picture taken for sure (ha ha ha!)
Chris wanted to go get a treat at Rocky Mt. Chocolate but it was closed...so we resorted to taking pictures instead!

Day 2: That morning we woke up hit "Gretchen's" this really yummy restaurant in the hotel and headed to River Run Lodge. First on the list...teach Liddy to ski. Not going to lie I was super nervous because she tends to be very stubborn (not sure where she gets that at all...ha ha ha!) But honestly she LOVED it, she kept saying "mom go FASTER!" They had a little magic carpet conveyor and she loved it. Perfect first introduction to skiing. It was also a fun day because Chris and Colby got to ski (yes Chris and I both skied this trip.) And Meg and I got to ski as well. It was so much fun. That night we went to the village and got some yummy hot chocolate and cookies, got to see the Christmas tree lighting and Santa even pulled up in his Sleigh. We were next in line to see Santa and the lights in the entire Sun Valley resort went out...it was still great and Santa was so cute with Lydia, she LOVED it! Afterwards we got one of Colby and Meg's niece's to watch the kids and headed out for a nice dinner kid free! Because the power was out everything in town was CRAZY so we actually ended up driving into Hailey and going to a FABULOUS mexican joint! It was delicious! Afterwards we headed to the Herriman house where Colby's brothers were staying and had some yummy dessert! Great day had by all for sure.
Faster mommy...faster!
My little Ski Bunny...I was so glad it was warm I think if it had been as cold as usual it might not have been as much fun for her.
Riding the magic carpet up
Weeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!

Day 3: The boys woke up early and headed to the slopes. They were going to try to get a few runs in before we got there. Meg and I met for breakfast and the Konditoeri and then we took the kiddo's to the day care at Dollar Lodge. It was such a cute daycare and Liddy was so excited to have friends and kids to play with. It was also great because we all got a good 4 hours in skiing and snowboarding. Chris and Colby snowboarded and meg and I skied. Then we picked up the kids and we took Liddy to Dollar Mt. It is an entire mountain with lifts, magic carpet all dedicated to beginners and kids. Lydia LOVED riding up on the lift and this time we let her hold onto our pole and eventually Chris even tied my belt to her pants and we let her go down on her own but we slowed her down with the belt. It was such a great day and I loved spending it with friends and our little family! That night Colby's Sister in law Jen made the best Taco Soup for everyone and we got some ice cream and hit up Ice Skating. It was so much fun, Lydia wasn't as sure on her ice skates as she was on her ski's but that is to be expected!
At the top of Seattle Ridge...Chris really wanted a pic of the view, it is seriously so AMAZING!
This pictures seriously doesn't do it justice but it is always so hard to explain to people how steep and how long the Sun Valley runs are. Just when you think you have got to be close to the bottom you will see that there is a lift dropping off which means you have a ways to go. There really isn't a resort nearly as amazing anywhere else (that I have been...that is)
Lydia after she was finished...and yes she still has a smile on her face!
Holding onto mommy's pole
This was the night at the Christmas tree lighting...before the lights went out!
P.S. DOn't you love Cash's hat...I am a little obsessed with him, he is seriously so stinking cute and such a good baby, Colby and Meg definitely got a keeper!
I love that Sun Valley has all of these ice sculptors everywhere. And seriously I felt like I had Hot Chocolate running through my veins, I have never drank so much in my entire life (and I loved every sip!)
Lydia petting one of Santa's reindeer
Telling Santa what she wanted for Christmas
Meggie and Cashus
Lydia with her game face on...ha ha ha!
I think you can tell by her face she eventually loved it!
So many fun family memories were made...I can't wait until we can take Audrey too and share all of these fun things with her too!
Colby, Meg and Cash...our besties!
Lydia had given up, and Sky and Izzy got her to go one more time around the rink.

Overall it was an AMAZING vacation, it was so nice to get away and spend some quality time together. Chris has been super busy at work and I think he needed it more then any of us! I am always grateful to be able to spend time with great friends and my family!



3 comments:

Emily Judd said...

sounds like soooo much fun!!

Momma Fish said...

Fun!!! I love Sun valley

Jake and Kim said...

yay SV is a beautiful place! I was reading your older posts and I am so glad there is someone else in this world like me..who is obsessed with christmas! I tell jake i am full of christmas cheer! haha I seriously listen to christmas music the second FM100 starts playing it. Anyway Happy Holidays to you, chris, and your adorable girls!


This is my favorite pic of her holding on to grandpa's finger

Baby Girl

Baby Girl
This is our baby girl at 16 weeks. It was such an amazing thing to see her moving and count all of her fingers and toes for the first time. I know I bawled and Chris won't admitt it, but he was pretty emotional as well.

It's a girl!

It's a girl!

She's going to be a dancer