Wednesday, April 4, 2012

The Pergola

Ever since we put in our patio (last summer) Chris has been dying to build a pergola for it. Well this past weekend seemed as good a time as any. So with the help of his brothers (Justin and Darin...we OWE you big time!) They built the LARGEST, most MASSIVE, HUGEST, GINORMOUS pergola I have ever seen. I seriously laughed when they got the first posts in because they were twice the size of a telephone pole...once it was all put together I have to say it looked AWESOME!!! So I will from now on trust Chris and his vision. Now we are looking forward to enjoying some shade in our back-yard (once it is all finished...we just got the bones done we still have quite a bit to add, but we are on our way:)
They dug 4 feet down so the posts would be SUPER secure!
Yes those are 12X12 and were both 15 feet tall this is after they have been buried 4 feet down so it doesn't quite give them justice!
The boys working!
The (almost) final product
Looks pretty sturdy huh:)
The window well cover is coming shortly!




4 comments:

Ashley King said...

I must say that I'm quite impressed by their work! Those Knudsen boys are apparently master craftsmen :)

Meg said...

wow Chris! Now will you come build one in our backyard?? When's the BBQ?

NatBug said...

That looks great! My husband is building one for our backyard too, but of course it is out of metal! Oh boy! Hey, if you need a window well cover, my husband makes them. Message me on FB if your interested and I will give you his number.

Shana Smith said...

Wow, that is going to be amazing!! Giggled when you said you'd trust Chris more with his visions after this!! Hahaha, I have the HUGEST problem believing that Nate is capable of doing something and making it look good! One day..... Maybe!! Anyway looks great!


This is my favorite pic of her holding on to grandpa's finger

Baby Girl

Baby Girl
This is our baby girl at 16 weeks. It was such an amazing thing to see her moving and count all of her fingers and toes for the first time. I know I bawled and Chris won't admitt it, but he was pretty emotional as well.

It's a girl!

It's a girl!

She's going to be a dancer