Monday, April 23, 2012

Hear ye, Hear ye...Princess Lydia turn 4!!!


Well little miss Lydia turned 4 on Saturday! I don't know what is going on with blogspot but all of my pics are out of order and turned kind of crazy so bear with me! She woke up to her room being decorated and she was absolutely thrilled. We spent all day preparing for the party and the darling little girls got there at 3:00. We started the party off with a princess fashion show, where the girls got to strut their stuff down the pink carpet! 
Then we went downstairs and played on the bounce house and the girls got their finger nails and toe nails painted (thanks to the mom's that stuck around and helped me...I don't think Chris would've been much help.) 

Then the special guest arrived...Princess Amerah! Lydia has talked non-stop about having a princess party. We we got Princess Amerah to come and all I can say was it was AWESOME!!! The girls were seriously enthralled and she was so darling with them. She brought a book about her for Lydia and they learned about princess etiquette and how to dance like a princess and they even got to decorate princess crowns. Lydia was in HEAVEN and I was grateful to have her basically do the party so I didn't have to! 

After Princess Amerah left we opened presents and had cake and ice cream! It was such a fun little party, Lydia had 14 of her princess friends over and they were all so darling. Audrey (i.e. Minnie Mouse) had a complete melt down half way through the party so luckily she took a nap.) Lydia got such nice things from all of her friends and she had so much fun! 

Then on Sunday we had my family over for dinner and cake and ice cream. That is when Lydia got to open her presents from Chris and I (yes we are mean we made her wait an entire day.) When Chris picked her up from primary she told everyone as she was leaving "it was my birthday and now I get to go home and open all of my presents...YEAH!!!!) I was laughing she was so excited! 

I sort of can't believe that she is 4...I know I say that all the time but I really can't. It feels like yesterday we were living at the farm, I was riding around on a riding lawn mower to try to get her to come a little earlier and here we are 4 years later. I can not even express how much I love Lydia. I feel so lucky to have her for a daughter, she brings so much joy into our life. It is sort of a ritual every night as we are falling asleep in bed we recap all the cute things our kids have done, it makes me grateful to have them in my life and it also helps to remind me to enjoy it now, it wasn't but yesterday we were talking about how Lydia said "dada" for the first time. Now she is a dancing maching, playing soccer, taking art classes, loves her friends, and loves pre-school. Before I know it she will be talking about boys and driving cars and all that fun stuff....I just want to enjoy it all right now just like she is at 4 yrs old. 
 My little goobers! 
 Princess Amerah showing her book...it is really her in the book and it is seriously DARLING!!!
 All the girls posing like a princess...too cute! (not sure why this photo won't go straight...I tried several times.) 
 Blowing Kisses
 Silly Faces
 The girls decorating their crowns! 
 Lydia with Princess Amerah 
 The girls were all too cute...they kept hugging her, they didn't want her to go away! 
 Princess Lydia blowing out the candles! 



 Princess Lydia Turned 4...YEAH!!!
 The Princess Fashion Show down the pink carpet! 
 Don't ask me where Lydia got her cute dance pink carpet moves! 
 The girls were all so darling...they were completely enthralled! 
 Princess Amerah was so cute with the girls, and seriously stayed in character the entire time! 

 The party food...all for pink princesses! 
 Princess Minnie...before her meltdown that led to her nap! 
 The cake...I was so grateful to my friend Jeni who watched my kids so I could make this kid free and to my friend Emily who let me use her cake decorating tools to make it. I think it turned out pretty good, their are definitely some serious imperfections but hey it tasted really good and that's the most important part right? Ha ha ha! 
 The girls getting ready to make their debut's down the pink carpet! 
 The party favor's

 Lydia the morning of her birthday...I was running the SL 1/2 marathon that morning but Chris said she came in to wake him up and said "Daddy, Daddy....WAKE UP, it's my birthday! I am so EXCITED!!!" 
 Checking out her b-day decorations! 
 The Birthday Girl 
 Little sis having to check it out too...of course! 
 Love this little girl and her crazy bed head! 
 My little Belle
Happy, Happy Birthday Lyd...we LOVE you!!! 


Sunday we did a little party for her with my parents, she was so excited to get to open presents two days in a row. 





















5 comments:

Hughes Family said...

Looks like she had a fun birthday party! Micheal's is coming up and I am trying to figure out cute - EASY cupcakes to make. Awh, what we do for our kids!

Unknown said...

I may have gotten a little choked up on this post. I can't believe she's four already! Love that princess like she was my own!

Unknown said...

Don't know why it said unknown, this is meg...not some creeper:)

Shana Smith said...

So cute.. Great party!

Emily Call said...

I'm still so impressed with your cake skills! Such a cute party. Mayci had a great time. Thanks for inviting her. We love having Lydia in my art class.


This is my favorite pic of her holding on to grandpa's finger

Baby Girl

Baby Girl
This is our baby girl at 16 weeks. It was such an amazing thing to see her moving and count all of her fingers and toes for the first time. I know I bawled and Chris won't admitt it, but he was pretty emotional as well.

It's a girl!

It's a girl!

She's going to be a dancer