Tuesday, July 15, 2008

And I thought child birth was bad...

I woke up Saturday morning at about 4:00 am with horrible cramping in my left side. At first I thought it was just cramps and that it would just go away...well it just kept getting worse and worse. So finally I got up and took some Ibuprophen and drank a bunch of water just thinking that I was dehydrated. Well the pain just wouldn't go away and it got the the point where I was just crying because I was so uncomfortable. So finally at about 8:00 we thought we would go to the instacare, so Chris' mom came to watch Lydia and we took off flying like a bat out of hell. Well to make matters worse I was in so much pain I was throwing up, so we got to the instacare and decided to just keep driving to Alta View hospital. The whole time we were driving I literally thought I was going to die, I kept telling Chris how much I loved him and our daughter (and how I didn't want him to get re-married in the temple...I know i'm selfish.) So we pull up and I'm in so much pain I'm just crying and throwing up and I step out of the car and almost pass out so the nurse comes out with a wheel chair and they get me on some meds STAT. So once the meds started to take affect and I could think straight I realized I wasn't going to die...but prior to that it sure felt like it. So they did a CT scan and come to find out I have kidney stones.

Yes I can attest they are far worse than giving birth. The pain won't go away and there is no amazing reward at the end of the pain...unless you consider a kidney stone a reward. So anyways I've passed one...but there was still another one in the CT scan so I'm still geared up for another one. All you people who have had them and haven't had kids you are set...It will be a total breeze!

6 comments:

Heidi said...

Oh yuck! I'm so sorry! That sounds MISERABLE!

Marie said...

Oh Britt! That's terrible! Let me know if you need anything!

Clint and Jinger Miller said...

If you need advice I am the kidney stone queen. I have had 8 stones and 3 surgeries from them. Please call me!!! There are things you need to know and good doctors out there to follow up with. Seriously, I have had so many I did my college research project on them. They are the worst things in the world!!! Good luck and Call me ASAP 280-4503

Heather Strong said...

Oh my gosh! That sounds awful! Sounds like the claims that kidney stones are as bad as childbirth are valid! Hope you feel better!

Anonymous said...

You poor thing!!!!!! I love how you told Chris to not re-marry in the temple haha!

RyanandHailee said...

I am so sorry, I heard theay are horrible :( I hope you get feeling better! hang in there!


This is my favorite pic of her holding on to grandpa's finger

Baby Girl

Baby Girl
This is our baby girl at 16 weeks. It was such an amazing thing to see her moving and count all of her fingers and toes for the first time. I know I bawled and Chris won't admitt it, but he was pretty emotional as well.

It's a girl!

It's a girl!

She's going to be a dancer