Monday, July 28, 2008

Family Reunions

Playing pool volley ball
On the steps...Stacey, Patrice and Shay Knudsen
Little Lydia's first dip in the pool...she wasn't sure how much she liked it!
I was trying to be a good mom and keep the sun out of her face, but the hat was a little too big.
Lydia loved the pool so much she cried when we took her out...atleast that is what I would like to think!
The Past two weeks have been fun filled wtih family reunions. We had my family reunion on the 19th and actually had it over at the club house in our neighborhood. It was a lot of fun... we swam at the pool and played rock band in the theater room. It was fun to catch up with all of my cousins and see all of my aunts and uncles again. I think everyone enjoyed having it there so much that we are going to do the Christmas party there as well.
Then on the 24th we had the White family reunion (Chris' mom's side of the family.) We woke up early and had a family picture taken over at the farm and then had a good old breakfast on the creek. Afterwards most of the family went and floated the provo river...I couldn't go because I had to watch Lydia but Chris said he had a lot of fun. Then we all went back to his grandparents home for dinner and family history. It was so much fun to see pictures of Chris' aunts and uncles and hear all of their funny stories.
Then the 25-27th we had the Knudsen family reunion up at Wolf creek in Huntsville. Friday night we played badmitten and tennis and games. Then we woke up the next morning and a lot of the family went on a hike then that afternoon we went swimming...it was the only time that I actually remembered to bring my camera and since it was Lydia's first dip in the pool we had to document it. Then that evening we had a family history presentation done by Chris' aunt Karen and played a really fun game of family BINGO. Then to top it off Karen's family surprised us all with a marshmellow war.
It was a very fun and family filled week. I feel so blessed to have been born into such an amazing family, as well as marrying into such a great family. It was so fun catching up with so many people we haven't seen forever and just being able to hang out and have fun.

2 comments:

RyanandHailee said...

Looks like a blast! That picture of the two of you is adorable! She is so stinkin cute :)

Ashley King said...

Holy cow, she is such a doll!! I can't believe we haven't seen her in person yet. Hopefully we'll get to soon! :)


This is my favorite pic of her holding on to grandpa's finger

Baby Girl

Baby Girl
This is our baby girl at 16 weeks. It was such an amazing thing to see her moving and count all of her fingers and toes for the first time. I know I bawled and Chris won't admitt it, but he was pretty emotional as well.

It's a girl!

It's a girl!

She's going to be a dancer