Monday, September 15, 2008

Ode to Argentina!

"The Napoletana"
While Chris and I were in Argentina we became absolutely obsessed with one food...now I know what most of you are thinking South America, probably rice and beans or maybe a taco (sorry for the Michael Scott sterotypes) But it was PIZZA. Surprisingly in Argentina there were a few staple foods meat, pasta and pizza. Well me being borderline vegetarian the pasta and pizza were great. We recently talked to one of the families that we spent a lot of time with, while we were there they made us this amazing pizza called the "Napoletana"so the other night I was feeling creative and so I tried it out. Now i'll show the pictures of their version and mine...I will admit their's was much better but it didn't turn out to bad for a knock off! So heres to the napoletana and good old Argentina!

Christmas Eve dinner with the Beckmon family...they cooked these pizzas in a mud oven!

My version...Thanks mom for the tomatoes and basil out of your garden!

1 comments:

Meg said...

yum, yum, when are you going to make these for us? They look muy delicioso


This is my favorite pic of her holding on to grandpa's finger

Baby Girl

Baby Girl
This is our baby girl at 16 weeks. It was such an amazing thing to see her moving and count all of her fingers and toes for the first time. I know I bawled and Chris won't admitt it, but he was pretty emotional as well.

It's a girl!

It's a girl!

She's going to be a dancer