Monday, September 22, 2008

Yuba...our own little oasis!

Yuba Lake
Well this weekend we went to Yuba lake just outside of Nephi. We have been dying to use all of our camping gear that we got from my parents. We stayed in the Oasis campground and had an absolute blast. We got there Friday afternoon and decided to spring for the biggest site in the whole place...it was perfect. The water was a bit chilly and Friday it rained but we weathered the storm and surfed Friday. That night we had a great bon-fire, with the good old dura-flames that "burn for 4 hours" (that one's for you Justin!)Then we woke up Saturday morning to perfect glass and the cold water didn't deter us in the least. It was a great way to end the season, we all had a great run, and just enjoyed being on the lake. We got off for lunch and the wind started up and it just wouldn't quit. We took Che down to the beach so the boys could try to see if he would dive after them, which he didn't. The wind just wouldn't let up so we packed up and came home a little early. But for anyone considering a mini-vacation to the oasis campground...count us in! Thanks Justin, Lindsey and Darin for coming with us!

The pavilion at the group sight...notice the glass in the background!
Chris and I inherited a bunch of camping gear from my parents and he has been dying to use it so we finally got our chance. We are pretty set up...it was so much fun, I love camping!
Who are we kidding my dad was so nice to let us take the boat... he is always so nice to share the joy! Also thanks to the Knudsen's for letting us borrow their truck!
Lindsey holding my little bundled baby...I was a little paraniod about her getting cold...hence the massive sweater and beanie! (But boy does she still look darling)
My little beach bum with her favorite...Daddy!

4 comments:

NatBug said...

Looks like a great time! I have never been there. I will have to try it sometime. And it is always great to borrow the parents toys! Ah, benefits! And don't worry abourt her looking like a little marshmallow. You don't want her to get sick. I heard that RSV is supposed to be really bad this year.

Meg said...

So, think about it....we didn't go boating once on your boat this year. That sucks. Oh well. Better luck next year.

Patrice Pedersen said...

I'm so jealous!!! I wish I could have been there! It looks like so much fun!! Liddy looks so cute in the warm clothes! I love the pic of chris and liddy too!

Staci Davies said...

Fun! Camping is the best! What did you do with Lydia? Was it hard?


This is my favorite pic of her holding on to grandpa's finger

Baby Girl

Baby Girl
This is our baby girl at 16 weeks. It was such an amazing thing to see her moving and count all of her fingers and toes for the first time. I know I bawled and Chris won't admitt it, but he was pretty emotional as well.

It's a girl!

It's a girl!

She's going to be a dancer