Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Back to School!

Sunday we took Lydia and Che' over to our neighborhood school to play on the playground, we figured that Che' would be able to play as well because there wouldn't be anyone there. Well let me tell you it certainly took me back. It was so funny in the kindergarten area they had left all the balls, hoola hoops, and other various items out and we had a blast. Lydia was in heaven running from toy, to toy and going down the slides all by herself. Chris loved playing soccer with Che' (minus when he kicked the ball against the wall and it hit Lydia in the head.) And I was having a blast taking pictures as well as having a hoola hoop contest with Chris in which I crushed him.



Anyways I won't lie there is something about a school playground and actually an elementary school all together that is somewhat magical. I love the smell of the school and the sight of those yellow and red playground balls. Even to this day nothing beats a pack of new, unbroken crayons in a cleaned out totray. I loved being a teacher and sometimes I miss that I got to be reminded of how great it is to be a kid every day, but now I have my own little one to remind me. While we were at the school I told Chris that it seemed kind of weird that in a couple of years we will be dropping Lydia off at that school and I will be putting my baby in the hands of a teacher. Anyways we had fun and it brought up some fun, and funny memories of being in elementary school.
















0 comments:


This is my favorite pic of her holding on to grandpa's finger

Baby Girl

Baby Girl
This is our baby girl at 16 weeks. It was such an amazing thing to see her moving and count all of her fingers and toes for the first time. I know I bawled and Chris won't admitt it, but he was pretty emotional as well.

It's a girl!

It's a girl!

She's going to be a dancer