Sunday, September 13, 2009

Labor Day @ Powell!

Well we had a great Labor day weekend. Thursday evening we headed down to Lake Powell...I know what your thinking, AGAIN (oh don't worry we are going again the end of the month, what can I say Everythings better at Powell!) This trip was especially fun because our favorites the Babcocks were there. They are family friends who are more like family. It was so fun to spend the weekend with Liz and Mike and their darling kids Ethan, Sam and Mia. It seems a little weird that they are getting older, Ethan is getting his license soon which absolutely blows my mind. Derek also made it down this trip, he hasn't been for about 2 years and it was really fun to have his humor. The only downer was that Chris couldn't miss work, so we missed him desperately and I've decided I don't envy single parents it is tough work.

Some of the highlights from the trip were...
1. Watching Ethan wake board, and surf. It was his first time surfing and he had wake boarded once before and he did a great job, he looked like an old pro.
2. Sam's funny remarks and reactions...i.e. punching the water when he got fed up with wake boarding. He is the cutest kid and he doesn't even know it.
3. Mia's dance moves and her amazing tubing skills. I love Mia she reminds me of myself. She has the cutest freckles and I love her laugh. She was the queen of apples to apples and was always a big help with Lydia.
4. Mike and my dad spending the better part of Friday getting the sattelite set up so we could watch the BYU vs. Oklahoma game...it was pretty funny. We even got to the point where Liz was on a phone upstairs and Mike on a phone downstairs to get more reliable info about the sattelite.
5. Costco cupcakes for Breakfast.
6. Catching up with Lizzy, I love Liz and have always looked up to her I can only hope that my family turns out half as well as hers has. I love hearing all her funny stories and remembering old funny stories (i.e. Matt Workman and The Red Iguana incident!)
7. Lydia saying "doggy" about everything she saw the entire trip, it was pretty cute and so funny. Also she had so much fun in the water this trip.
8. Derek's cool swimming suit./tennis shorts!
9. Watching "The Office", "Seinfeld", "Hoarders" and many other great shows on the Babcocks DVR.
10. Everything being better in Powell!

Ethan grinding on the wake board

Liddy content being on Nana's lap while the kids wake boarded!



Darling Mia, she was the flag girl for the better part of the trip!

Lydia steering the boat...NOT!




Lydia's favorite new buddy SAM...She absolutely loved Sam and he was absolutely darling with her. He would do space ship with her and lift her up and she would just giggle.
Thanks Mom and Dad for another great trip and Babcock's I am so glad you guys came, we love you and hope you come again!


3 comments:

Emily Call said...

You guys have been busy having a lot of fun!

Lizzie said...

we love you to Britt! Thanks to you and your fam for a great trip!

Sarah said...

K, next time you go, I think you should invite me ;) I'm so jealous that you get to do Powell so much. I'm already looking forward to my trip there next July.


This is my favorite pic of her holding on to grandpa's finger

Baby Girl

Baby Girl
This is our baby girl at 16 weeks. It was such an amazing thing to see her moving and count all of her fingers and toes for the first time. I know I bawled and Chris won't admitt it, but he was pretty emotional as well.

It's a girl!

It's a girl!

She's going to be a dancer