Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Shoe Fetish!

I think it is safe to say that Lydia has a bit of a shoe fetish. All day long all I hear is "shoe, shoe shoe!" She brings me about 10 pairs of shoes from my closet at various times of the day and she wants to either put them on me or she wants me to put them on her. It is hilarious. It is even to the point where I have to avoid the shoe aisle completely or we will be there for hours while she touches every pair and looking so excited says "shoe shoe!"

Besides the shoe fetish she is becoming quite the talker. She is starting to put phrases together. This morning I took a bath, after I got out of the tub and the water was draining Lydia ran over to the edge and excitedly waved and said "bye-bye bubble!" She did it several times until all the bubbles were completely gone. And anyone she sees wearing jewelry she will say "Cute!" The other day I was putting on a necklace while she was in the room with me and she said "Cute mama!" It was so funny! I'm telling ya the girl cracks me up and not a day goes by that I'm not so greatful to have her in my life!





9 comments:

Chelsea said...

It's so much fun when they start communicating (and even talking like you!) She is so darling- I love that she has a shoe fetish. She's a girl through and through.

ps- you look GORGEOUS in your blog header picture- wow!

Emily Call said...

so stinkin' cute. I remember my girls going through that phase. I ended up with a lot of missing shoes. ;)

NatBug said...

That is so adorable Brit! I love how obsessed she is with shoes, my boys even did it, but to a lesser extent. I don't know....there must be something about babies and shoes. BTW-I think that I have those shoes too...you have such great taste!

Patrice Pedersen said...

She looks darling in that picture, I miss her and you guys we haven't seen you in forever!

Shay @ Sugarflies Designs said...

You always dress her so cute! She should be a little gap model... These pics are adorable :)

Hansen Family said...

Aspen went through that same thing loving shoes when she was little. and she still loves shoes so good luck with lydia! she is such a cute little girl!

Jake and Kim said...

Awwww, she is such a girly girl, I love it!

Shana Smith said...

She is a true girl! I love it. I mean really lets be honest, what girl out there doesn't absolutely love cute shoes! She is so sweet...

NatBug said...

Yeah the wait kind of sucks, but I know it will be ok in the end. So, we are moving to approximatly 12750 South and just a couple of blocks west of 2700 West. The boys are going to Southland Elementary right off of 12600 S 2700 W. Where are you guys at? It would be so cool if we were in the same neighborhood and ward!


This is my favorite pic of her holding on to grandpa's finger

Baby Girl

Baby Girl
This is our baby girl at 16 weeks. It was such an amazing thing to see her moving and count all of her fingers and toes for the first time. I know I bawled and Chris won't admitt it, but he was pretty emotional as well.

It's a girl!

It's a girl!

She's going to be a dancer