Tuesday, September 14, 2010

36 1/2 weeks=bring on the MYLANTA!





WOHOO so I am officially 36 1/2 weeks and I couldn't be more ecstatic! Here are the stats...

70% effaced

dilated-not quite a 1 yet

If I go when I did with Lydia (i'm trying not to get my hopes up too much) I only have

two weeks left.

If not my doctor says she will induce me at 39 week for sure!

I can't go at least until the 26th due to:

a. Chris has scout camp this weekend

b. I have a huge rehearsal with my oldest girls this Saturday...we have to finish their Jazz dance or else it will haunt me (ha ha ha!) I know if you are trying to imagine me teaching dance right now it will haunt you. so don't even try!

c. I haven't made Lydia's Halloween costume yet...I don't want to disappoint my little cowgirl (yo-da-la-he-hoo)

d. My parents will be in Europe until the 25th...I don't know who would be more heart

broken me, them, or Chris (I don't know if he could handle the delivery room on his own...ha ha ha)


I will say that I have reached the miserable phase. For me I really don't have horrible pregnancies, or ones that I can really complain about until this point. I know I posted about some things that I thought would help get me through the next few weeks and here are a few things I can't wait to be able to live without!!!

1. Heart Burn...as much as I love waking up in the middle of the night choking on acid from my stomach I can't wait to give my "MYLANTA" a break!

2. Not being able to reach my toes. This causes problems in every day things and especially in teaching dance. The beginning of every dance class is crucial for the girls to get a good stretch so they don't get injured...while in the process of trying to make sure they don't injure themselves I feel like I am injuring myself (ha ha ha!)

3. Feeling like the real life "Fat Guy In A little coat" from Tommy Boy. I seriously give Chris Farley a run for his money every time I get dressed. And to make matters worse I refuse to buy another article of clothing until after I have the baby and have started loosing weight. So for everyone who see's me on a regular basis please don't be afraid to laugh because I am fully aware of how silly some of my clothes look on me!



4.I can't wait to be able to sleep though the night comfortably...now mind you I totally realize that my sleep won't be un-interrupted but at least I will be waking up for a purpose other than 1.my bladder is full...for the 10th time. 2. My restless leg syndrome I get while in the 3rd trimester won't let me fall back asleep. 3. The acid reflux that causes me to sleep practically standing up. And my purpose for waking up will be for a baby that I love more than anything in the world!


5. Sore Feet: I taught school 40 hrs a week and dance 4 days a week while I was pregnant with Lydia and I don't remember my feet hurting as much as they have with this baby. Maybe I am just getting sissier the older I get, but if Chris got a $1.00 for every time I complained about my feet hurting he would have a brand new, nice set of golf clubs by now...so not only am I but I know Chris is looking forward to that ailment being gone!
The LAST thing I am really looking forward to is finally being able to meet our next addition. I have loved her since the moment I knew we were pregnant and I couldn't be more excited to have another daughter to welcome into our family! I know that she is going to be such an amazing little girl and I absolutely can't wait to meet her and I also can't wait for Lydia to have a sister (something I never had...but always wanted!)

9 comments:

holly said...

So exciting! You're almost there!! Kate told me the other day....Miss Brittani, you know at my dance class, she has a baby in her belly! Just like you did and then Will came out!!.....kids are so funny! We are excited to meet the new little one! Let me know if you want me to take Lydia....then you can get off those aching feet ;)

Kara said...

Brittani,

36 1/2 weeks... You are almost at the finish line! I totally understand all of your complaints especially the heartburn. I had it every day almost all day long during the 2nd half of my pregnancy. It's so great that once the baby's out bye bye heartburn! I can't wait to see that little cutie. I saw your Dad the other day, and he is super excited to meet her. I'm sure she'll be so adorable just like her big sister.

Jake and Kim said...

I love this post!! The clothes one is the best. I'm the same way.Things are not fitting. I am currently wearing shirts with bottoms that I usually would absolutely not put together. But I'm goin' for comfort!!

Momma Fish said...

One word. Ambien. That's how I survived the last month. Call you doc and get some now!! Hang in there. As little sleep as you are getting, imagine cutting that in half AT LEAST and that's how you'll feel in a month from now!

Dave and Lindsay said...

Britt!!! That's gotta be nice to know you are so close. All of that sounds way too familiar.But honestly...I miss being pregnant. I had a fairly easy pregnancy as well!! I loved just about every minute of it. It was such an amazing experience...with even more to follow!!! Good luck on your "last leg"!!! I'll be cheering for you all the way!! Love you girl :)

Alex, Brad, Carly & Devin said...

What a great post! Can't wait to meet your little one. You will have to let me know if you want a blanket or something!

Shaunel said...

cutest post. and SO relatable. do your feet swell to the size of elephants? or was that just me... uggh (by far the worse part).

NatBug said...

What a great post! It will be over soon and then in a few months you will miss the excitement of it all. Good luck with the last couple of weeks! Can't wait to see her!

Rachelle Underwood said...

Wow, that last part sucks big time...I know. I get RLS as well, iron pills seem to help me with that one. I also get BAD heartburn, and chew tums like they are my favorite chalky candy....ugh. So exciting that you get to meet her soon! Good Luck!


This is my favorite pic of her holding on to grandpa's finger

Baby Girl

Baby Girl
This is our baby girl at 16 weeks. It was such an amazing thing to see her moving and count all of her fingers and toes for the first time. I know I bawled and Chris won't admitt it, but he was pretty emotional as well.

It's a girl!

It's a girl!

She's going to be a dancer