Monday, September 6, 2010

Liddy-Bug Laughs

I know every parent thinks their kids are the cutest and say the funniest things and who are we kidding of course they do. So I will be posting Liddy-Bug laughs because I feel the same way about my daughter that everyone else feels about their kids...that and I don't want to forget some of these things (ha ha ha!)

The Realization of where Che' goes to the Bathroom
-Lydia was outside playing with Che, which she has done countless times and I could see her through the sliding glass door just yelling at Che'. So I went outside to investigate and this is the conversation that occured.
me-Lydia what is wrong?
Lydia-Mom Che' pooped on the grass
me-Lydia that is where Che' is supposed to go to the bathroom
Lydia-(In a very whiny voice) BUT MOM...IT'S DISGUSTING!!!

I had to laugh, we have since had the same conversation with her many more times, and she told my parents on several occasions how "Disgusting" it is. This is one thing she just can't seem to get over

Mom what happened?
Chris and I take turns reading to Lydia before bed each night, and it was my turn. I pulled out this book called "The Dance" it is a great book for little girls who love dance. The story is all about a little girls who loved dance and how much her dad loved to watch her. Of course by the end I'm bawling, and Lydia looked at me and asked in the sweetest voice ever..."Mom what happened?" I explained that the daddy in the book died and it just made me a little sad.

About a 1/2 hr later Chris and I were getting ready for bed, and I was just having quite the emotional night (let's just say I am definitely to the miserable part of being pregnant and I was getting a little emotional about it.) Next thing you know we can hear Lydia screaming something. We turn on the monitor and she is yelling "MOM WHAT HAPPENED...is Daddy dead?" Chris looked at me like what are you telling our child. I went into her room and explained to her that I wasn't crying because daddy was dead and she wouldn't settle down until Chris came in to reassure her that he was ok.

Red Light/Green Light
I taught Lydia that Green means Go and Red means stop.
While we are driving my little back seat driver will yell
"Mom...Green means Go...GGGGGGGGGGOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Baby Sister's Name
Chris and I haven't been able to decide on a name I have loved Audrey from day one and Chris has been very adamant about not choosing until the baby comes (which for obvious reasons has caused me a lot more stress.) Anyways we have toyed with Gwen, Jade, Lucy,Regan and a few others but we haven't committed and we haven't pushed anything with Lydia either. usually when I ask her what she wants to name baby sister she says NEMO.

The Other night I had out the video camera and asked Lydia what we should name baby sister and clear as day she said "AUDREY!!!" I was laughing so hard...come to find out the other day Chris had asked her the same question and she had the exact same response (ha ha ha!)



7 comments:

Sarah said...

HAHAHA!!! Seriously, I laughed out loud about the poop on the grass. She is hilarious. And so are YOU! Your last post had me totally cracking up. I feel 100% the same way.... and I have a month longer than you! Ahhh! What's a poor fat girl to do?!?

p.s.I love ALL of your girl name choices.... very cute!

Jake and Kim said...

These are so cute! My favorite is the Che one. It's a good thing you have a girl (soon to be girls) cause I know lots of little boys who end up popping a squat on their own grass, justifying it by saying "the doggy does it." Leave it to us girls to know the proper ways!!

Janeen said...

I love that you got this all down! Now you will never forget! My favorite is "is daddy dead?" lol so cute...Owen and I missed Lydia in Nursery this week!

Momma Fish said...

That's awesome. Picking kids names is so hard.... Especially baby #2. Audry is darling. Warren picked our babies name.... I like that Lydia has an opinion!

Jill Bowcutt said...

Holy Cow. I am so glad you wrote all of that down! You guys will love that when she's older. And your last post was seriously hillarious! Plus, I know a great place to get a power wheelchair for ya:)

Dave and Lindsay said...

I'M IN LOVE WITH THE NAME AUDREY!!! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE IT!!!

Shaunel said...

KAYUTE! Brittni, so fun to see your cute blog, and I love Lydia's funny comments. DEFINITELY keep writing them down.


This is my favorite pic of her holding on to grandpa's finger

Baby Girl

Baby Girl
This is our baby girl at 16 weeks. It was such an amazing thing to see her moving and count all of her fingers and toes for the first time. I know I bawled and Chris won't admitt it, but he was pretty emotional as well.

It's a girl!

It's a girl!

She's going to be a dancer