Tuesday, March 29, 2011

13.1...Miles of FUN!

Well last Saturday I ran the Riverton 1/2 marathon. Before having kids I had run a half dozen half marathon's and two full marathons. Training for them was easy cheesy, especially since I had the entire summer off to run basically whenever I wanted. After having kids and especially two that changed a little (Ok a lot!)

Anyways I have been very diligent about running on the treadmill almost every day. So I decided I would like to start working towards something. Anyways my cute Friend Jill I used to run with (before she so rudely moved to Texas...just kidding Jill) had run it last year and said she had a lot of fun so I decided I would try it as well.

Lucky for me a couple of girls from my old ward were also running it. It was a lot of fun running it with them. They both killed me time wise , but I was just happy to have finished (ha ha ha!)

I finished...
14th in my age division
88th overall
with a time of 2:09:25

The Best part of the entire race was seeing Chris, Lydia and Audrey at the finish...I will admit I started to cry a little especially when I saw the darling sign Chris had made for Lydia to hold. And to be honest the thought that kept me going was my cute family at the finish, and knowing they would be proud of me!

It was a lot of fun and I am looking forward to the SLC 1/2 Marathon next month, and hopefully I can get into the St.George Marathon in October (which is the ultimate goal...wish me luck!)

I am sorry but wouldn't this melt just about anyone's heart?
If I look like I am about to cry it is because I am!
I couldn't resist, I had to carry Lydia through the finish with me. She kept saying "Mom, you are sssoooo sweaty!"
Keri G., Keri T., and ME
THey both finished in 1:53...ya they did AWESOME!!!
My motivation
When I got home Chris hung it in the garage right in front of where I pull the car in. He told me it was so I would feel like the family is always cheering me on...Love that hubby of mine!




9 comments:

Shana Smith said...

Wow congrats, what an accomplishment! One day I will run a marathon, it sounds like a great motivator to get back into shape.. And I L.O.V.E that sign, how could you not cry your eyes out after seeing that... too cute!

Jake and Kim said...

ok this post is just precious. I don't know what I love more, the fact that you're in AMAZING shape and ran a 1/2...or how supportive and cute your little family is. Seriously how could they NOT be your inspiration!? Way to go!! Good luck training for October, you'll totally kick butt :-)

Jill Bowcutt said...

I'm not sure if it's my pregnant brain or what, but I honestly don't remember running the Riverton half. Did I run it? Maybe I made it up??? Haha! either way that's so awesome and I'm so proud of you! and also a little jealous :( It still makes me sad thinking of you finding new running buddies. I just ran the McKinney half last month and thought about our old running days the whole time. I miss those days. Anyway, it was the first race where my kids really got into the whole support thing. Usually they are just there at the finish and it's no big deal, but this time they kept popping up at random spots on the coarse. It was so much fun to turn a corner and see them jumping up and down. Nice job and tell the Keri's good job as well!

NatBug said...

You are totally awesome Brit! I am totally inspired by you. I actually have a goal to run the Riverton half next year for my first run (besides a 5-K) ever! Maybe if I am in good enough shape we can run together! That is so awesome how supportive that your hubby and girls are...I love what Chris did with the sign....super cute!

Chris and Brittani Knudsen said...

Jill, maybe I am way off...for some reason I thought it was you that had said you ran it. Maybe my two kids brain isn't working very well (ha ha ha!) Not going to lie, I miss our running days too. Way to go running the McKinney 1/2 who are we kidding you are totally my HERO!!!

Meg said...

The thought of Chris making the sign melts my heart! I bet he was pretty proud of his block letters!! Lydia looks pretty cute holding it as well. Britt, I am so proud to call you my bestie:) One day...one day, I may run again!! But today, I will have some chocolate and sit on my fat butt:)JK!

The Haynies said...

Way to go! I'm not going to lie...we're glad Jill moved to Texas. :) Now she's one of my running buddies...that is when I decide to actually be motivated and exercise. It is a lot harder with a baby.

Ashley King said...

You are amazing. No seriously, wow! I love the pic of Lydia holding her sign, it's a tear jerker for sure. Way to go & good luck training for the full (yikes!)

Pew Family said...

Way to go YOU! Your so awesome! Getting back into running is tough, and you made it look easy! Way to go! Maybe I'll see you in a couple weeks at the Salt Lake 1/2. Good Luck! Your family couldn't be any cuter! What sweethearts!


This is my favorite pic of her holding on to grandpa's finger

Baby Girl

Baby Girl
This is our baby girl at 16 weeks. It was such an amazing thing to see her moving and count all of her fingers and toes for the first time. I know I bawled and Chris won't admitt it, but he was pretty emotional as well.

It's a girl!

It's a girl!

She's going to be a dancer