Tuesday, March 22, 2011

AFTER!!!

Well after countless hour dis-assembling, re-assembling, moving and refinishing our play-set is finally somewhat presentable...and Lydia couldn't have been more thrilled. I spent 4 hrs on Saturday spraying and refinishing this and Chris spent another couple hrs hitting the spots I couldn't. There were a few casualties our poor back fence, the swing and even Che' were victims of the stain. When I finally came inside Lydia was freaking out because she thought I was hurt it was all over my face, hands, clothes and hair.

Note to self...next time you stain a playhouse, make sure it isn't going to be a windy day (that may or may not be possible in Riverton though I swear...ha ha ha!) Anyways I am so excited that Lydia now has a fun little playhouse and hopefully will no longer be going out to lay in the dirt (ha ha ha!)

A huge thanks to my Dad and Mom. My dad helped us disassemble and transport it and then he also helped us move and re-assemble it, and my mom watched my girls so I could help. Also I really do have a really great husband who was willing to give up his day off (the first in a long time) and give in to what his somewhat crazy wife wanted to do! Love ya babe!
Don't look too closely at this, let's just say I am the farthest thing from a perfectionist and Audrey was taking a nap during this process so I knew my time was very limited (luckily she took a 4 hr nap that day!)
I think Lydia is seriously in HEAVEN, it is like having a park in her very small back yard (ha ha ha!)
She loves her "GREEN" slide...she talks about how it is green all the time.
BBBBBBRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!




8 comments:

holly said...

So much fun! Ummm...if she ever needs anyone to play on it with her....I know a certain little girl who LOVES to play on "parks"! (I have tried to explain that the playsets are not actually called "parks", but as you know, Miss Kate has a mind of her own!!

And...what a good hubby (and daddy) you guys have!

Ashley King said...

What the heck, are you serious...that looks brand new!! Nice job guys, I'm sure that was sooo much dang work!

PS: In response to your comment on my blog about weight, thanks for making me feel better! :) Also couldn't lose the last my baby weight last time until I stopped nursing either so I'm sure it'll fall off you when you're done!

The Richards said...

Wow! I have played around on KSL looking for a play set like that after my brother got one for a killer deal. I guess I'm not diligent enough cause I can never find anything even close to that price. And you did a great job finishing it up... I would have thought it was brand new.

Jake and Kim said...

Impressive!! What a crazy project, lots of work I'm sure. It really looks wonderful :-)

Sarah said...

Fabulous! great job! And, what a great mama you are to do all that fun stuff on "lepercom" day ;) Too fun.

Meg said...

You did a really good job!

NatBug said...

That looks amazing, I agree it practically looks brand new. I keep entering contests to win those playsets, but never seem to win. :( I guess I will have to start searching the online ads now.

Hansen Family said...

Wow! britt what a lot of hard work!it looks awesome!


This is my favorite pic of her holding on to grandpa's finger

Baby Girl

Baby Girl
This is our baby girl at 16 weeks. It was such an amazing thing to see her moving and count all of her fingers and toes for the first time. I know I bawled and Chris won't admitt it, but he was pretty emotional as well.

It's a girl!

It's a girl!

She's going to be a dancer