Friday, June 17, 2011

The Princess Festival!


Princess Festival 2011
So I had seen a billboard about the "Princess Festival" and decided that Lydia needed a fun day dedicated to her! So we got our tickets and headed down to Thanksgiving Point for the festival. We hadn't been before and I had heard mixed reviews from different people but I have to say we had so much fun. I thought we would maybe last an hour and 4 1/2 hours later the festival was closing and Lydia was begging to stay. To say the least it was TOTALLY worth every penny.

Lydia was a little shy with the characters, all I could figure was it was a mix of seeing her favorite characters in real life and trying to decide if they were strangers. It also didn't help that one of the first characters we saw was Beauty and the Beast and the Beast did look a little scary (ha ha ha!)

We got lots of Autograph's, saw all the different shows (except 1) and had a lot of FUN! We will definitely be going again next year!
We hadn't been there for more then 30 seconds when we ran into friends!
Tink was one of the first characters she met, can you tell she is being SO shy?
Getting her nails painted to match her dress!
Beauty...the Beast is in the background but Lydia wasn't going anywhere near him.
Sleeping Beauty...Lyd was still definitely trying to keep her distance.
Making a wish at the wishing well!
Watching the Aladdin show
Auds as always was such a Champ, she really is such a great baby!
I had to put this pic in to show her two new teeth...poor thing teething hasn't been kind to her.
Princess Mila...she is one of the Festival originals
Little mermaid or Little Liddy?
Lydia was so excited to dress up as Rapunzel
Lydia finally warmed up a little bit to Rapunzel...she told her she was her favorite!
When we got home I asked Lyd which princess she was the most excited to meet...she said "CAPTAIN HOOK...he is a PIRATE!"
Lydia told me "Mom, she is BEAUTIFUL!"
The Cinderella show...we got to go to the ball!
Getting her face painted!

Lydia really didn't want to leave, we spent like 15 minutes alone on this carriage outside the festival. I just couldn't get this little girly away!


3 comments:

Alex, Brad, Carly & Devin said...

I saw that driving home from powell.Thought that was such a great idea. I'll have to take Devin when she get older. Lydia is so cute. Such a little girly girl!

Maranda said...

That is so cool! It looks like so much fun. Maybe Lucy will be big enough next year... or the year after :)

Ashley King said...

I've never even heard of this! Looks like so much fun. We might have to go next year :)


This is my favorite pic of her holding on to grandpa's finger

Baby Girl

Baby Girl
This is our baby girl at 16 weeks. It was such an amazing thing to see her moving and count all of her fingers and toes for the first time. I know I bawled and Chris won't admitt it, but he was pretty emotional as well.

It's a girl!

It's a girl!

She's going to be a dancer