Thursday, November 6, 2008

Is it winter already?

Well i'm not going to lie I was so excited to wake up yesterday and see snow on the ground. I have sort of a love/hate relationship with winter. So long as I don't have to drive in horrible snow storms, or deal with shoveling the walks daily I love it. I love the feeling of waking up after it has snowed and the world just seems so quiet and peacefull. In our old house I loved the smell of all the fire's, I think on the west side most homes have gas fireplaces. I love sipping hot chocolate and wearing warm sweats that are way too big. I love cuddling and being with family. Plus it just get's you in the mood for Thanksgiving and Christmas.

(I'm pretty excited about her new coat...I had to take the lining out though because she couldn't put her arms down with it in!)

And of course I love to snowboard, but this year I have decided to go back to my roots. I started out as a skier and I'm going to give it a go again. It has been 14 years since I have skied but I want to see if i've still got it. I have some pretty funny memories as a skier, Chelsea I'm sure you may remember a few like how we always wanted to go through the trees, and when you almost fell off of the ski lift at Brighton. Or when we wrote our names on our foreheads with Zinc but did it in the mirror so it looked weird to everyone else! Anyways I have a lot of fond memories and so I've decided to give it another chance.

It was also fun yesterday to get Lydia all bundled up in her winter coat and take her out to see the snow. She was pretty funny, she had this confused look on her face and she kept touching her nose when snowflakes would land on it. Even though I love winter, I will now have to become paranoid mom, to make sure that Lydia is always warm. Anyways I love winter and am pretty excited for all that it brings

(Lydia's play station...obviously something on the TV caught her eye!)

3 comments:

Staci Davies said...

What? Snow!? It's too early :) I actually love the snow too, sorta. Lydia is adorable in her costume. I love the pics on this last one too. She is to die for in that beanie and cute coat.

Jon, Kaylene and Laila said...

Brit, you two are so cute, I love it, I cant wait to dress our little one up in a halloween costume, oh and we love the dwight angela love child, its perfect!

Clint and Jinger Miller said...

Sorry about thursday. Clint ended up getting a ticket to the U game so I had to watch Bodie. I will try for this week!!


This is my favorite pic of her holding on to grandpa's finger

Baby Girl

Baby Girl
This is our baby girl at 16 weeks. It was such an amazing thing to see her moving and count all of her fingers and toes for the first time. I know I bawled and Chris won't admitt it, but he was pretty emotional as well.

It's a girl!

It's a girl!

She's going to be a dancer