Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Who could it be now...?

You Decide 2008



Well election day is now upon us and the anticipation is almost too much to handle. I would be lying if I said that I don't care. Recently politics have just taken a hold on me (I know I have my dad to blame.) I just can't help but feel #1 we are so blessed to live in a country where we have rights, and whether we decide to excercise those rights or not, no one can take them away. #2 That we have choices...now i'm not saying that I love either of the choices that we were presented with today, but I do feel that we have an obligation to get out and let our voices be heard!


I will say this, throughout the presidential campaign process I really feel that you can see that there are many forces working against our country, I have never seen so much turmoil with gas prices, the economy and everything else seeming like it's falling down around us. But atleast we have the freedom to worship how we want. That is the reason I'm not a basket case every day that I watch the news and fill up my car...(which by the way was only $50.00 today, instead of the whopping $75.00 from before!) Anyways thank goodness for the gospel, and all I can say is that God knows what he is doing, whether we like it or not.


Also I know that President Bush according to the polls isn't a very popular president...what I have to say to that is neither was Lincoln, or Reagan but they have both been remembered as greats when it comes to presidents. I have a lot of respect for him as a person and especially as a leader of our country. Chris always teases me because in my mind it goes the prophet and then right below him Presiden Bush. I will be sad to see him go, but hope that he will enjoy his time out of the polls!



All in all we are so blessed to live in this country, to have the things we have. It's too bad that we don't realize it as a nation more often. So while we are all awaiting the news of who our new President will be, let's just be thankful that we had a say! If we survived Clinton for 8 years we can handle McCain or Obama for 4.

3 comments:

l.k. said...

True that sister! I love how you get as fired up about it as I do. People should, as good citizens, take the time to know what is going on in the world. Love it!

NatBug said...

Well said Brittani! I may not be too favorable about either candidate as well, but I still went on Friday and let my voice be heard! Now that we know that Obama will be our next President, I am anxious to see what he will really do for our country....

smallfry21 said...

I was just reading Heather Strong's blog and saw you have migraines too! It seems like we are a lot alike!I love the cute pics of Lydia! She is such a doll! We should get together sometime and have game night!


This is my favorite pic of her holding on to grandpa's finger

Baby Girl

Baby Girl
This is our baby girl at 16 weeks. It was such an amazing thing to see her moving and count all of her fingers and toes for the first time. I know I bawled and Chris won't admitt it, but he was pretty emotional as well.

It's a girl!

It's a girl!

She's going to be a dancer