Friday, November 21, 2008

My heart belongs to...Edward!

TWILIGHT
Edward
(The pic turned out a little blury...I think you get the picture though)
Ok so I'm not going to lie I was a little dissapointed that I wasn't going to be part of the Twilight action on Thursday @ 12:01. I had begged Chris to take me but we couldn't justify it with Lydia and so I never got tickets. To make matters worse my visiting teachers came over during the day and we talked about it forever, which only got me more excited. Then at Dance last night a few of the girls were talking about how they were going to the mid-night showing, I'm not going to lie my heart sank a little when I thought of how I wished I was going (YES I AM THAT PATHETIC!) Anyways at about 10:30 Brecke called me to tell me they had an extra ticket, you would've thought I had won the lottery. I hurried over to Jordon commons to meet Brecke, Jen and Tiffany. Let's be honest the theater was complete mayhem, people were hootin and hollering and I'll be honest it was pretty funny.

Then the movie started, now if you are a fan of the books I'm sure you felt like I did a little skeptical, could the movie really be as good as the book? Could Edward really pull it off. Well ladies I'm here to tell you that not only did it meet my every expectation, it surpassed it. I came away from the movie feeling like 2 hours seeing Edward on the big screen just wasn't enough. Every character was perfect, and exactly how I pictured them. They stayed to the story line perfectly and seriously I had chills for the better part of the movie because of those golden eyes!Now I will say there is one cheesy part, ok maybe a few but the one that really stuck out is "hold on tight spider monkey!" but let's be honest I would hold on like a spider monkey to Edward too (ha ha ha!)

Anyways it was amazing! Thanks girls for the invite and thanks Chris for letting me go, and for listening to me at 3:00 am rant and rave about it (p.s Chris, Edward could never compete with you babe, but he comes pretty close ha ha ha)

7 comments:

Bryant and Katie said...

I am going to see it tonight and I am glad to hear it is not a disappointment. The boys talked this morning and Chris told Bry all about how you raved about it, so Bry gave me the ok to wake him up when I get home.

Chelsea said...

Oh, I'm really really jealous!! I am waiting ALL the way until Monday night to see it:(
I can't wait!!!!

NatBug said...

You have totally made me excited about this movie! I have the book and was going to start a different one, but after reading all about your fun time, I have decided to read the book quickly, so I can go and see the movie!! I am glad you had such a great time!

RyanandHailee said...

I will be honest I really never got into the books!!! I just couldn't get myself to do it but I got talked into going to the show Friday night and the whole time I was at the edge of my seat and heart was throbbing for EDWARD!!! Seroiusly now I know what all the hype was for! I got the book from my sister in law that very night!!

Lydia is just adorable by the way I cannot believe that she is 7 months! She is getting so big and I bet so much fun!

Brecke said...

Were did you get the picture of Edward? He is so hot!! Have you listened to the soundtrack yet? Edward actually sings a few of the songs and they are way good.

Pew Family said...

I loved Twilight!! I wasn't quite as gung ho as you were though. I waited until Friday night to see it. I looks like you guys had such a blast!

Chels said...

So I am a blog stalker too...hope you don't mind...I just have to say that I think your blog is so much dang fun. And Lydia couldn't be more perfect. She looks half like you and half like Chris in my opinion and I think it's so fun that she already has such a big personality. Anyway, about Twilight, I am so glad you are a nerd about it too! I felt exactly the same way about the movie, it exceeded my expectations, except for him in the sunlight. That's not how I pictured it and I thought it was a little cheesy, so hopefully in the next movie they don't show him like that again...that's just my opinion though :)


This is my favorite pic of her holding on to grandpa's finger

Baby Girl

Baby Girl
This is our baby girl at 16 weeks. It was such an amazing thing to see her moving and count all of her fingers and toes for the first time. I know I bawled and Chris won't admitt it, but he was pretty emotional as well.

It's a girl!

It's a girl!

She's going to be a dancer