Friday, November 21, 2008

Lucky 7

I have been running in the day, and this is what I bundle Lydia up in...
my little snuggle bear!
7 months with her bunny

Profile shot
My little Liddy-bug is getting so big!
Well it is hard to believe but it's true...Lydia is 7 months today! It is absolutely amazing just how fun she has gotten. Here are a few things she has been doing.
1-We watch a little show called brainy baby every day, they sing nursery rhymns and I've never seen a child get so excited. She screams and laughs and jumps and can hardly contain her excitement.
2-She has also fallen in love with Che', mostly through the sliding glass door, but every time he comes around she starts squawking. I put her in her bumbo to the glass and they just sit and stare at eachother, it is pretty dang cute (i'm also trying to prepare Che' for when he can finally be around her!)
3-She is also starting to get on her knees and rock, it is the funniest thing, it almost looks like she's going to crawl and then she totally face plants it!
4-She has started to get attached to Chris and I, when we are there and someone else tries to hold her she will just start crying, and it's one of those sad cries not the fake.
5-Speaking of fake she does a fake cough and fake laugh that are just about the cutest things ever.
6-She is obsessed with her bottle, we have started to supplement with a bottle and when she see's it, it's over. She will wail and scream until that bottle is in her mouth. Then she can down about 6 oz. in about 5 minutes it's pretty impressive. And she get's the same way about her solids. For being such a petit little thing, she sure loves to eat!
7-The squeeze: when I'm changing her diaper she will squeeze my arm as hard as she can, at first I thought she was constipated because she get's that look but with a smile. But she does it every time, I think she thinks it's funny because she laughs about it afterwards!
8-Lydia loves other kids, it's almost like she has the instinct to know "Hey you are like me" when ever she see's another child whether it's at church, grocery store or on TV she get's all excited. She starts kicking and trying to reach for them. I think we are going to have a little social butterfly on our hands.
9-When Lydia get's really excited she starts panting, sort of like a dog. It sounds so funny and if you do it to her she will do it back.
10-Neck snuggles, when she first wakes up she is so happy and she will nestle her little head into the crease between my neck and shoulder. I love it, it is the closest thing I get to a cuddle from Lydia who is usually moving all the time
Well she is getting bigger and cuter every day, and keeping me busy! I love her to death and can't believe how quickly the time is flying by!

4 comments:

Jake and Kim said...

I love reading about her! Thank you for sharing!

NatBug said...

She is such a doll! It sounds like she is getting quite the personality!!! She will just love it when she finally gets to meet Che' face to face!!!

Ashley King said...

She is getting so big!! I love all the little things you mentioned - so fun! :D

Jaime said...

Brit,
These pictures of Lydia are so adorable! I love all of her headbands with flowers as well. If this next baby is another girl, I will for sure have to find out where you got them all!


This is my favorite pic of her holding on to grandpa's finger

Baby Girl

Baby Girl
This is our baby girl at 16 weeks. It was such an amazing thing to see her moving and count all of her fingers and toes for the first time. I know I bawled and Chris won't admitt it, but he was pretty emotional as well.

It's a girl!

It's a girl!

She's going to be a dancer