Sunday, March 22, 2009

11 months of pure Heaven!

Big surprise "I can't believe how fast time is flying!" I know, I know I say it every month but seriously where did March go? So Lydia is now 11 months old and doing and saying so many fun things. She is extremely mobile which is great in some ways and chellenging in others. It makes things like showering and going to the bathroom a little more awkward when she is either trying to open the door or pounding on it (I can now shower in record time!) Anyways here are a few of the new things that Lydia is doing lately.
-When you tell her "No, no" she will shake her head no! There is a vase in our entry way that every time she heads towards it I say "no, no" so now as she is crawling towards she just shakes her head and then turns around and giggles, like "I know what you are going to say!"
-She crawls, stands, sits, and our favorite scales over any obstacle in her way!
-She says, Mama, Dada, Uh Oh, Thank-you, uuuff uuuuff (woof woof), Hi, yuck (which sounds like buck, (now mind you none of these are perfect and some are sound inflections but you can tell when she is trying to say.
-She has two new top front teeth
-She will wave bye-bye
-She loves pickles, rice, baby carrots, and honey bunches of oats.
-She dances every time she hears music, it doesn't matter where she is or what she is doing she will stop and rock a beat to any music (i.e. commercials, cell phone ringers, elevator music you name it)
-She loves to play with other kids. Monday's my babysitter doesn't get here until about 3:10 and so I have Lydia with me while I'm teaching a 2-4 year old class and she loves watching the girls dance, she claps and giggles and tries to push the buttons on the stero it's pretty sweet.
-She claps for Che' whenever we play fetch and he brings the ball back.
-She loves to throw things and has somewhat of a destructive personality when it comes to playing with toys (I attribute that to Chris, we always tease him that he is like a bull in a china shop)
-She LOVES her Daddy, she is obsessed with Chris. If he comes in a room she will not take her eyes off of him until he picks her up and gives her the attention she wants.
-She loves to talk on the cell phone, and her calls are all to "Dada" she will open and close the cell phone for hours and have funny baby talk conversations to dada, but when we call Grandpa on the speaker phone she just get's scared and tries to turn it off.

Helping mom make cookies, by not helping mom make cookies (ha ha ha!)
There is a light on my camera that shines on you face to help with red eye and as soon as the light would turn on Lydia would look at that and not the camera!

Lydia is getting so big, she is a little girl now and not a baby. It is so hard to see her grow up but so fun to see everything that she is learning.

She always has to have something in her hands, and this was the only picture I could get where Lydia hadn't thrown the bunny as far away as possible. The cell phone is way cooler I guess.


She is growing up so fast.

Yeah for Lydia turning 11 months!

6 comments:

Alex, Brad, Carly & Devin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Alex, Brad, Carly & Devin said...

Can't even believe it! It seems like just last month we were at your baby shower! She is so cute!

NatBug said...

Your little Lydia is one of the cutest little girls that I have ever seen! She is adorable! I can't believe how fast she is growing!!! You can tell that you are such a good mommy!

Dave and Lindsay said...

Oh my goodness!!! I can't believe she is 11 MONTHS!! CRAZY how time flies!! We need to play!! I want to see Lydia too!! We are gone this weekend but hopefully we can catch you next week!!

www.OgazFamily.blogspot.com said...

You're right! Where does the time go? She is darling and I hope you are doing well!!! I'm sure you are a wonderful mom...

Kara said...

I can't believe she is 11 months! I really want us all to get together with the 3 babies and see how they play. Madison is almost 8 months, Mariah is almost 10 and Lydia is 11. It could be pretty fun!


This is my favorite pic of her holding on to grandpa's finger

Baby Girl

Baby Girl
This is our baby girl at 16 weeks. It was such an amazing thing to see her moving and count all of her fingers and toes for the first time. I know I bawled and Chris won't admitt it, but he was pretty emotional as well.

It's a girl!

It's a girl!

She's going to be a dancer