Thursday, October 22, 2009

18 months!

18 Months

Well Lydia is officially 18 months old.I took her in for her wellness check up and Dr. Boettger was pretty impressed that she has not been sick one time in 18 months. She has only been in for wellness visits (knock on wood!) Anyways she 32 1/4 inches tall (60%), 24 lbs (45%) and her head is 47.5 cm (80%) She is healthy and happy and that is all that matters. It makes me feel so excited for everything that she has grown into and all that she has in store. Here are 18 things about Liddy now that she is 18 months old...
1. 14 teeth with two more on the way
2.Loves Yo Gaba Gaba
3. Loves to color in her coloring book (amongst other things.)
4. Says the cutest things like, Cute grama, bye bye dada, uh uh, no che, owee, uhoh, Oh Ya, hot, Raini, Bode, nin nee (lindsey), Nana, grmpa, blankie, binky, apple, strawberry, ball, balloon, key,slide, purple, these are a few I could go on but for the sake of time I'll stop there!
5. She loves to read books (i.e. I read them to her, she turns the pages.)
6. Loves to cuddle with mom and dad before bed.
7. Likes to fall asleep with the door open.
8. Has quite the obsession with balloons.
9. Loves to play outside with Che'
10. Absolutely loves to go down the slide at any park.
11. Loves to get out the sugar from the lazy Susan and the measuring cup and make huge messes on the floor like mom.
12. Throws things in the garbage (things that should be thrown away now.)
13. Still loves shoes, she has a new pair of dress up shoes that she adores.
14. Has to sleep with her two blankies still.
15. Has the cutest little fake laugh she does when other people laugh.
16. Finds mom's shoes for her when we are getting ready to leave.
17. Likes to open things when I put them in the shopping cart.
18. Still loves to dance and shake her booty to any music!!!

Anyways I love this little girlie so much and not a day goes by I don't feel completely humbled by the amazing opportunity that heavenly Father has blessed me with. I love Lydia she has brought so much joy and happiness to my life, I truly do feel complete. I was telling Chris the other day, I know that some people feel that they were put on this earth for certain talents like musician, athlete etc. I truly feel like I my life is complete just by being a mother.




10 comments:

Alex, Brad, Carly & Devin said...

WOW! Still can;t believe how big she is getting! YAY Lydia!
She offically weighs as much as Alex!!

l.k. said...

I feel so special that I am on the list of things she says. She is so freakin cute!

Shana Smith said...

So darling! I feel like you do, I am totally complete just being a mother, and I LOVE it. That is definitely what i am here for!

Meg said...

I can't believe how old she is already. It seems like that time has FLOWN by!!

Dave and Lindsay said...

I can't believe how much they can do at such a young age!! It really amazes me!! I can't wait to experience all these things with my own, it seems so exciting!!! Lydia is beautiful!!!

Heather Strong said...

I can't believe she has never been sick!!!!! Emmett has been sick a bunch - and been to the doctor for all his other skin, digestion, allergy issues, too. I could go on... You are so lucky!

Sarah said...

You are so lucky that Lydia has never been sick! I'm so jealous. She is so darling... and tiny! Bear's got her by 7 pounds! And 2 inches. Wait, maybe he's just huge! (haha!) Anyway, she is so dang adorable. Your trip to St. George looked liked a ton of relaxing fun :)

Pew Family said...

She is so adorable! Isn't this such a fun age? I just love it!

NatBug said...

Brit, she is so adorable....that is amazing that she has only been in for well check visits! You are a great mom! She is such a cutie pie and you dress her up so cute too!

Emily Call said...

Darling Picture and I LOVE LOVE LOVE her shoes!


This is my favorite pic of her holding on to grandpa's finger

Baby Girl

Baby Girl
This is our baby girl at 16 weeks. It was such an amazing thing to see her moving and count all of her fingers and toes for the first time. I know I bawled and Chris won't admitt it, but he was pretty emotional as well.

It's a girl!

It's a girl!

She's going to be a dancer