Sunday, January 3, 2010

Bound to happen...

Well Lydia finally got sick, she couldn't have picked a worse week considering Chris was out of town on a golf trip with his dad and brother. And I the overprotective mother was left alone with a child on New Years eve with the croup. After making several attempts to find open insta-cares I finally took her home and slept on the couch with her so I could hear her breathing all night (did I mention I was overprotective ha ha ha?) Anyways she was put on a steroid and is doing much better know but I do have some theroies as to why the great wall of China otherwise known as Lydia's immune system finally came down.

1. She is now in nursery and people send their kids even when they are sick (I have two other friends and both of their kids came down with the same thing and they are all in the same nursery!)

2.It is the holiday's and as such we were a little lax on the whole bedtime schedule, ok we were way lax one night she went to bed at 11:00 pm...yes I know we are bad parents.

3. She knew I needed something to do on New Year's Eve since Chris was out of town and figured a trip to the insta-care at midnight would fill that time!

4.She got it from playing with Dog's...ok, ok I know this one is really far fetched but with Che' and Ginger she is always playing with them, feeding them, trying to give them kisses and maybe she got something from them!

5.Those little germs finally chiped away at her immune system and brought down the great wall of China!


7 comments:

Emily Call said...

poor thing. hopefully she will get feeling better.

holly said...

fun way to spend new year's...i was only awake because i was nursing will! i hope she is feeling better!

Simeona Family said...

Count your blessings! We actually ended up at Primary Children's for an overnight stay with Aleigha when she had the croup. And the kicker was it was on my bday! I hate when the kids get croup! Hope she's feeling better soon!

Shana Smith said...

I HATE the croupe! In the short 17 months Coast has not been depending on my immune system, he has gotten the croupe TWICE! That sickness is the worst, I very much dislike hearing him struggle breathing. It BREAKS my heart! Of course Lydia had to get it when Chris was out of town, it always happens that way! Poor girl, I hope for a speedy recovery....

Momma Fish said...

The only thing I can think of that is worse than having a sick baby is having a sick baby when your husband is away. I am sorry.

Alex, Brad, Carly & Devin said...

You aren't being overprotective you are being a good mom! Hope she's dancing to yo gabba gabba soon!

Brecke said...

I'm afraid of the nursery!! Lots of germs, and why do parents still take there kids when they are sick? You are such a cute mom.


This is my favorite pic of her holding on to grandpa's finger

Baby Girl

Baby Girl
This is our baby girl at 16 weeks. It was such an amazing thing to see her moving and count all of her fingers and toes for the first time. I know I bawled and Chris won't admitt it, but he was pretty emotional as well.

It's a girl!

It's a girl!

She's going to be a dancer