Thursday, October 6, 2011

Lake Powell and other adventures

We went to Lake Powell with my family the weekend after Labor day. It was quite an adventure and definitely a trip we will never forget! Here are the highlights

1. Changed our tires right before so our alignment was way off...we ended up having to stay the night in price and get our car fixed in the morning.
2. Lydia got the 24 hr flu. The pic below is of her on our walk to get breakfast. She was so weak she couldn't walk any farther. She still mustered up a smile (ha ha ha!)

Audrey was tuckered out by all the car excitement as well.
3. We finally got to Lake Powell. It was a great trip with both sets of grandparents, my younger bro and his friends. It was even such a full house we got to stay on a friends house boat and we had the whole thing to ourselves...so nice.
4. We did a lot of surfing, skiing and wakeboarding
5. Lydia and Audrey loved spending time on the boat, and I loved Lydia taking a nap.
6. Of course we got ice cream at Halls...yummy
7.Played a few games of Scum and watched a bit of Modern Family
8. Went on a hike and cliff diving...I watched from the boat on the cliff diving, those days are long gone for me (ha ha ha!)

9.Lydia went off the slide with Chris, she wasn't very happy about it but she told everyone when we got home.
10. The highlight of the trip was seeing my 77yr old grandma go off the slide...it was AWESOME!!!
Lydia's reward after going off the slide
Audrey's serious ghetto booty after swimming...I obviously didn't have her in a swimmer (ha ha ha!0




3 comments:

Ashley King said...

Looks like such a fun trip (minus a rough beginning!). I love Aud's huge booty pic LOL!

Jake and Kim said...

Oh gotta love the 10 pound diapers after swimming!! What a fun (albeit crazy) trip!

Sarah said...

Oh Powell. I know you miss me because I am sure longing for you!

Britt, you always make me super homesick for Powell in all of your fun posts!


This is my favorite pic of her holding on to grandpa's finger

Baby Girl

Baby Girl
This is our baby girl at 16 weeks. It was such an amazing thing to see her moving and count all of her fingers and toes for the first time. I know I bawled and Chris won't admitt it, but he was pretty emotional as well.

It's a girl!

It's a girl!

She's going to be a dancer