Monday, December 29, 2008

Christmas and much much more...


For Patrice's birthday we went to Good Things Utah...which is one of my favorite shows, needless to say I watch it religously! Anyways it was so much fun seeing them in person and we got some free stuff from Robert's crafts.

We were like junior high girls again laughing and taking funny pics, it was so much fun! We were also on TV because of Patrice's b-day it was pretty funny!


Lydia and Raini playing, I can already tell they are going to be the best of friends.


Patrice turned 25, it was so fun to hear Bode wish Patrice Happy Birthday he was so dang cute. Before dinner Darin tried to get a little shut eye with all the noise and commotion all I can say is he must've been pretty tired!


It has been so fun having the family all together. Jared and Stacey are up from Vegas for two weeks, it has been so nice catching up and reconnecting with them.
Justin and Linds looking cute and happy as always!

Opening presents with the Knudsen's on the 23rd...we did a DVD gift exchange that turned out so cute we got "Christmas Vacation" one of my all time favorites!
Patrice and Clint getting some snuggle time while the kid's were occupied, you learn that these moments are few and far between when you have kids!

Lydia opening her present from Patrice, Clint, Bode and Raini...it was the funniest little toy. A tigger that bounced. The joke was it reminded everyone of Lydia because she never stops moving. Needless to say she absolutely loves it!

Christmas eve we spent the night with my family. We had planned to go night boarding but found out that Brighton was closed. SO we went to plan B, we went and saw "7 Pounds" which was a great movie, a little sad but very inspirational. We did the gift exchange later that night and played Battle of the sexes...with Derek around it is hard for the girls to win! In this pic Lydia was chomping down on the celery...we are hoping that there are some teeth to go with all that drool!

Lydia opening her Christmas pajamas on Christmas eve...I don't think the tissue paper tasted very good!

Later that night we took Lydia in the "Luke warm tub" she had a blast but seemed a little tired compared to Sun Valley! It was still fun and so cute to see!


Christmas eve we stayed at my parents and woke up early and had breakfast and opened presents. Then we headed down to American Fork for a Brunch at my Grandma and her sisters! It was so sweet of them, and so nice to see my Grandma back to her old self after her fall. She is one resiliant woman to be where she is after everything she has been through!
My Grandma and her sister Thayles and my grandma and my mom...there were 4 generations of first born daughter there!

After the brunch at my Grandma's we headed over to Justin and Lindsey's for a brunch. They had some great food! It was so fun to see all their new christmas decorations and how cute they have decorated their condo. The highlight was a gift that Justin got Lindsey it is a "retro dual" it plays old school nintendo and nintendo 64 games. It was awesome playing games like donkey kong and mario kart again!


Lydia playing with all her new toys, I'll be honest I think she is enjoying these a lot better than the wisk (which was her favorite toy prior to Christmas!)


On the 27th we had my family christmas party over at our club house, since we had it rented for the entire day we had Chris' family over for some rockband in the theater room!
All the sister-in-laws hanging out with the kids, while the hubbies played rockband!

Lydia in her Christmas dress...I wish you could see her shoes better they looked pretty cute on her and they stayed on for 20 minutes as opposed to her average 3 minutes!
We had such a great Christmas, we feel so blessed to have our family so close. I feel like so often we take for granted how blessed we are to have come from and to be apart of two pretty amazing families. Anyways I hope everyone had a great Christmas and a Happy New Year!
2009 here we come!

3 comments:

Meg said...

great update and cute pictures!

NatBug said...

It looks like you guys had a great Christmas! Lydia sure looks cute with all of her toys, what a little spoiled girl!!! I love the pic of you guys at Good Things Utah, you guys look like you could be the hosts. Maybe someday you will be....

Kara said...

I'm glad your grandma is feeling better. That was scary. I love all your pictures.


This is my favorite pic of her holding on to grandpa's finger

Baby Girl

Baby Girl
This is our baby girl at 16 weeks. It was such an amazing thing to see her moving and count all of her fingers and toes for the first time. I know I bawled and Chris won't admitt it, but he was pretty emotional as well.

It's a girl!

It's a girl!

She's going to be a dancer