Sunday, December 14, 2008

What could be better than sweaters and eggnog?


Well we had our 3rd annual "Sweater Eggnog" party! I must say the sweaters seem to get better every year. Chris actually picked ours out at Savers this year, and Lydia's was a present from Chris' mom last year before she was even born...she fit right in! Anyways as usual we had an absolute blast seeing old friends, eating good food, playing "Rock-band" and making gingerbread houses. Thanks everyone for coming, and hope you all have a very merry christmas!

Pretty sad that this was the closest thing to a picture together we could get. Every time I was in the picture the camera wouldn't work, and then as soon as I started walking away it would work...go figure the camera just doesn't like me!


We made our gingerbread houses down in the studio...it looked like santa's workshop! Everyone's houses turned out so cute, I'll be honest I was very impressed! Jake and Kim never cease to amaze me with their AWESOME sweaters...the pic of Kim's doesn't do it justice their are nutcracker's on the bottom of her sweater...like something out of a school faculty room! Jake even has the laugh and the part in the hair down pat!
Jandie and Bill's gingerbread house was amazing they put a lot of effort into it. I don't know how Jandie did it without being distracted by Bill's sweater....I guess you could call it a muscle sweater,it will be in all the stores before you know it! Jandie's was classic, 80's snowflake sweater...she totally pulled it off!
Travis and Julie were sporting the cardigan's...Julie's was awesome with the embroidered christmas figurines!
Stacie and Devin were so nice to come, they drove up from St. George earlier that day and they still came fully decked out. You can't see in the pic but Stacie had an awesome matching sweater skirt...and Devin was sporting the classic old school striped sweater!
My cousin Erin and her husband Tyler just moved back from Chicago and they were our stylish sweater couple for sure. They were such good sports, they didn't know anyone but got right into the spirit of it...Tyler you rocked at "Rockband"...I think you missed your calling!
Kimi and Nate with their two boys Easton and Broden. They had their hands full during the gingerbread houses, but when it came to Rockband they ruled. Easton had his own guitar and was so cute giving everyone knuckles all night!
Tracy and Mike had a great gingerbread house...I'm not going to lie their walk way into the house alone was worthy of an award!
Meg and Colby were awesome as always! They had made a gingerbread house earlier in the week at another party, and still they trucked through another one. As usual though Colby and Chris weaseled their way out of doing the work while Meg and I finished!


Chris decided this year to cheat and use the hot glue gun...well I tried to warn him that my gun sucked so it basically took him an hour just to get our glued together. Next year we will make sure to have a better one!
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

8 comments:

NatBug said...

What a great party idea! I bet it really helps that you have your studio for the extra space for an activity like this huh?

FRANK AND HEATHER MAILE said...

HOW FUN! I'm sad I missed out. It really looks like such a fun tradition. And those Christmas pics of Lydia are gorgeous!

The Richards said...

We are so sad that we had to miss the party. But it looks like it was a lot of fun! Hopefully our schedule won't be as busy next year. Haha.

Staci Davies said...

It was a major success of a party. So glad we could come. Thanks again!!! Sorry about not getting that picture to turn out, we should have given it one more shot. Hey, I think I got one on mine....I'll e-mail it to ya. So fun to finally meet Lydia doll too. You are the cutest family!

Ashley King said...

Looks like a blast! Sorry we couldn't come, had to visit the fam out of town. Bill's sweater kills me.

Bryant and Katie said...

You guys are always a blast to hang out with. Hope we didn't overstay our welcome. Let's plan a double soon.

NatBug said...

I just love your sweaters, what a cute idea for a party!

VanOrden Family said...

Sorry we missed it lauren is in the primary presidancy and had a ward christmas program she was in charge of.


This is my favorite pic of her holding on to grandpa's finger

Baby Girl

Baby Girl
This is our baby girl at 16 weeks. It was such an amazing thing to see her moving and count all of her fingers and toes for the first time. I know I bawled and Chris won't admitt it, but he was pretty emotional as well.

It's a girl!

It's a girl!

She's going to be a dancer