Thursday, December 11, 2008

Neighbor gifts...what a dewzy!

Well this year I was so excited to actually have neighbors that I wanted to do something nice for. Our Last neighborhood we only had one really nice neighbor...so neighbor gifts weren't too exciting. But we absolutely love our neighborhood and all the people in it. Well we have been talking about what we wanted to do for them we came up with a lot of ideas from homemade bread to ornaments. Well this year I was watching Studio 5 and my favorite guest Lisa Bangerter came on with all of these great ideas for neighbor gifts. Well there was my answer...hardly any baking, everything is basically made out of very easy and simple things like "Twinkies" and "Nutterbutters." Well yes there was hardly any baking but I'm not going to lie it was a dewzy decorating with so much detail, it tooke me 5 hours ( listened to Hancock the movie twice once while chris was playing b-ball and once when he got home.)For all the hard work it was worth it, I think they turned out pretty dang cute and I will say the peppermint fudge tastes amazing!

Cup-cake reindeers...the only baking I had to do!

My "Twinkie" stocking!


My favorite and most time consumming..."Nutter-Butter" Santa's



Yes I did quite a few
The final product!
I was supposed to wrap the fudge with ribbon to make it look like a present...but I didn't have the patience, so you will have to imagine what it was supposed to look like!
Well you tell me do you think it was worth it?




7 comments:

Ashley King said...

Those are so dang cute - good work!

Alex, Brad, Carly & Devin said...

You watch Studio 5! Those look great! I was going to do the same thing but you beat me! No fair! JK. Those really do look awesome! You are the master!

Meg said...

Dang, I should have asked you to make some extra for my neighbors too! JK :0)

Heather Strong said...

Those look awesome! Next year you should have your own party with us girls showing us how to do cool stuff like that!

Chelsea said...

are you serious?! I wish I was your neighbor:) I am such a scrooge this year and didn't do ANY neighbor gifts (gasp!). I just didn't have the motivation this year, but I'm gladly accepting all the gifts we receive and not returning the favor:)

NatBug said...

You did an amazing job on those, you are so creative! I wish that I had the patience to complete something like that. I just gave all of my neighbors wrapping paper from the dollar store!

Staci Davies said...

So creative. Well worth it!


This is my favorite pic of her holding on to grandpa's finger

Baby Girl

Baby Girl
This is our baby girl at 16 weeks. It was such an amazing thing to see her moving and count all of her fingers and toes for the first time. I know I bawled and Chris won't admitt it, but he was pretty emotional as well.

It's a girl!

It's a girl!

She's going to be a dancer