Wednesday, December 31, 2008

8 months...where does the time go?


Liddy bug at 8 months



Well I can not believe that Lydia is already 8 months old. The sad thing is I can remember the day I came home from the hospital, I had to go get a nursing bra, and the lady at the store asked me how hold my baby was, I remember saying 3 days old. She replied wow she is little if you can say her age in days. Now it makes me sad because before I know it I will be saying her age in years.Over the break it has absolutely amazed me what a good baby Lydia is. Her reflux is completely gone so fussy time is totally gone. I love that she can sleep anywhere and honestly I used to be totally obsessed with a schedule but it has amazed me that no matter what time we put her down, and no matter where it is she sleeps through the night. I feel so blessed, and lucky that she is the way she is! Anyways even though I don't want her to grow up too fast I am still getting a kick out of all the fun and new things that Lydia is learning. Here are a few...
-She can now army crawl just about anywhere she wants to go, for example she followed me down the hall when I was doing laundry, it kind of scared me.-Even though she can crawl as soon as she gets somewhere (i.e. couch, leg, chair) she wants to pull herself up and stand.-She can walk behind a walker toy that she got for Christmas.-She is using her voice a lot, Chris spoke in church on the 28th and Lydia just yelled and screamed at Chris because she could see him but he wasn't paying any attention to her.-She absolutely loves the water, it is so cute to see her kick her little legs and splash all around.-Now not only does she recogonize and love Che, but any dog! She get's all excited and tries to wiggle down to their level to unintentionaly hit them or pull their hair. It's so freaking cute to see her recognize things like that already.-She still loves her nursery rhyms, and it has now expanded to loving the piano. At my parents we take her to the piano only for her to bang on that thing for as long as we let her. We got her a little "Snoopy" piano for Christmas and she will sit there and play it forever, it's kind of nice to get a few things done while she is occupied.-Lastly she is a total flirt, and loves to be where the action is. I am so amazed how loving she is with just about anyone. I love that she will basically go to anyone who wants to give her attention, partly because I love seeing what everyone has to offer in Lydia's life!Well what can I say I absolutely love being a mommy, she brings so much love and joy to our lives. I feel so blessed to have her in my life and look forward to all that she has in store!

9 comments:

Heather Strong said...

YAY for babies! I love reading about Lydia! It is so fun being a mom and I know how you feel when you say the time has gone WAY too fast. We will never see our babies again as newborns! Sad!

Shana Smith said...

Your baby is so cute!! It's fun to look at peoples babies. Hope all is well. Nate Smith

Janessa Whatcott said...

She is so beautiful!! I am happy for you guys!!

Pew Family said...

I didn't know she was only 3 months younger than Kennedy! That's crazy! She is so dang cute, I love her face! Time Flys so quickly, It's so sad! SO fun but sad!

NatBug said...

That was a great post Brit! She is so darling! Wait until she starts walking and talking and one day you turn around and she is 8 years old getting baptised! Now that is time flying for ya!

Clint and Jinger Miller said...

What is going on with dance classes for the new year? I can't come on thursdays for the spring semester of school. I can only do wednesday nights. Let me know. Love ya!

Heather Strong said...

Hey Sorry I didn't come to the sweater party by the way! We got our invitation a week after the party and it was all thrashed and what not - post office must have lost it. Thanks for the invite though! We were bummed.

Boyer family said...

I can't believe it either...wow time flies, and I can't wait to watch brecke grow too. We miss you:)

Alex, Brad, Carly & Devin said...

I can't believe she has is 8 months old already! It seems like just yesterday you found out you were pregnant. She just gets cuter everyday!


This is my favorite pic of her holding on to grandpa's finger

Baby Girl

Baby Girl
This is our baby girl at 16 weeks. It was such an amazing thing to see her moving and count all of her fingers and toes for the first time. I know I bawled and Chris won't admitt it, but he was pretty emotional as well.

It's a girl!

It's a girl!

She's going to be a dancer