Friday, December 5, 2008

What a show!

(The girls back together again...to show we still got it! Ok sorta got it ha ha ha!)
Academy of Dance

Christmas Recital '08

Well I'm so happy to say that I had my dance studio's recital last night, and I felt like everything went without a hitch! We had a dress rehearsal on Wednesday at Hunter High school, needless to say dress rehearsals are always a little crazy, and this one was no different. But the actual recital went so smooth. All of my little girls were so darling and just so fun to watch with their big smiling faces. I had a few who wanted solos and did their own thing, which just makes the recital all the more fun! I even had a great time because a bunch of my friends from high school have been getting together every Thursday to do an adult dance class, and we all performed. It was fun to dance with the girls again, and to just remember what it is like. Over all it was a great night, and I had a ton of help from Meg and Lindsey (my sis-in-law) and my mom. I seriously don't know what I would've done without them. Anyways it's over for now but it was definitely a night to remember!

A few pics from the recital!



Chris took a lot more but they turned out really blury because of the movement!

11 comments:

Ashley King said...

Looks like tons of fun! Their little costumes are adorable! I'm sure it made all the hard work so worth it!

Patrice Pedersen said...

I'm so glad it was fun...I was thinking about you last night and hoping everything went good! The little girl costumes are darling!!! Anyway I will see you this weekend.

Chelsea said...

Oh boy... lots of dancing memories are coming back!! Your little girls look so cute- great costumes!! One question though... I don't see any Pecos Bill wolf costumes?!! I'm a little disappointed.

Dave and Lindsay said...

Oh man Britt I didn't even know about it!! Sad I totally would have came, and I'm so sad I couldn't dance with you guys. It actually made me a little jealous to see that first pic of you all!! I miss it so much!! I'm so glad everything went well for you & the recital!! Talk to me and let me know what else is going on with all that after the new year!! Love you

Clint and Jinger Miller said...

Nice butt shot of us all! I never realized that the color of our tops went in order together. That is so strange because we picked them out randomly!! What a great night!!

NatBug said...

It looks like you did a great recital! Those little girls are so cute!!! That is great that you and some of your old drill buddies got together and performed. What a great way to get some exercise!!!

Anonymous said...

So Cute. I was really trying to come and watch but it just didn't work out! Marki has been totally sick and so we will be back in January. She is very mad that I am not letting her go to dance!! :) See you soon!

Jon, Kaylene and Laila said...

Sad I missed the dancing gals, I would have loved to do that with yall. You all look great but I would really like to see a video! Tell chris to get on that next time

Heather Strong said...

Wha??? You guys DANCED?? I want to dance! That looks like so much fun!

Anonymous said...

Your girls looked so darling, you did such a great job with their costumes and everything. And we were pretty hot too, I love Thursday nights.

Meg said...

I love that we have the same backdrop! We must be friends!


This is my favorite pic of her holding on to grandpa's finger

Baby Girl

Baby Girl
This is our baby girl at 16 weeks. It was such an amazing thing to see her moving and count all of her fingers and toes for the first time. I know I bawled and Chris won't admitt it, but he was pretty emotional as well.

It's a girl!

It's a girl!

She's going to be a dancer