Monday, February 22, 2010

22 months...where does the time go?

22 months going on 22 years!

Well I know I say this every time I talk about Lydia but honestly...where does the time go? I can hardly believe that my once little munchkin is now a little toddler with such a strong little personality and who is learning and growing leaps and bounds every day. Anyways I haven't posted about Lydia and how much she is changing in a while so here goes!

1.Motor Mouth: Talks, talks, talks...it is so fun to be able to have actual conversations with her now. Some of them only I would understand but still it is amazing to me how much she can communicate now. My favorite it when I get mad about something (usually in the car at bad driver's, I have a slight road rage problem) everytime I get done she sweetly says "What happened mom?" Then when I explain she sweetly replies "Oh!" She also loves to point out the body parts (especially her bum, bum ha ha ha!) And loves to tell you the sounds that animals make. I don't know why but when she does the "Baaahh" of a sheep is sounds really frightening...it makes me laugh!

2. Friends: Lydia has become quite the little social butterfly and has friends that she wakes up in the morning asking about. Some are our friends like Colby and Meg and other's are hers like Ameliah,Kaylee,Emma, Kaylee, Tage, Parker, Raini and Bode. She will talk about them and even make phone calls (sometimes real, without me knowing) to them.

3. Art: She loves to draw, color, mold and so much more. Anything that has to do with creating that little girl loves. Her favorite thing to do is to draw pictures on her chalk board. She will sit there for hours drawing and erasing, she usually wants you by her side but I don't mind! She also knows all of her colors. My favorite one is "Yewwow" it is so stinking cute when she points things out that are "pupple, or geen and bue or oge" The best one she says is Pink but we all get it!

4. Shows: Well I have posted about her obsession with "Yo Gaba Gaba", well I am slightly excited to announce that she is done with that and has moved on to "Olivia" Olivia is so much easier to watch and doesn't drive me bananas. She also is obsessed with the movie "UP" it has dogs and balloons her two favorite things ever, she get's so excited every time she sees a balloon, I love it. Also whenever "The Office" comes on she get's all excited and yells "Michael" she knowns most of the characters on the show it is pretty sad.

5.Books: Well I always thought since I taught school my kids would hopefully love reading and books as much as I do but I think Lydia loves them even more. Who are we kidding the kid sleeps with books. Every night we read a few and then she picks out two or three to take to bed or to nap with her. When she wakes up I will go into her room and she will be looking at them just content. Her all time favorite book is "No David!" She has loved it for a long time, and I should take a picture of it because there is no doubt how much she loves it. She has gotten it in the bath without me knowing so it is all warped and some of the pages are ripped out but she can read the entire book with me...it helps that it consists of No and David. But I love it I can say Lydia's what does David's mom say and she will get a mean look on her face and point her finger and say "NO, NO, NO!" It is so fun to see your kids love thins!

6.Entourage: Everywhere Lydia goes her blanket, binky, books, baby and teddy bear are sure to follow! That girl loves her toys. Not only does she sleep with a couple of books she also has to have her baby, her teddy her two blankets and usually a couple of random toys for the night. I keep telling myself it is like the Velveteen Rabbit and she is just making sure all of her toys feel loved.

7. Phone calls: The girl loves to talk on the phone. On occasion I will give her my phone while I am driving to keep her occupied and every once in a while she will call and talk to someone without me knowing. It cracks me up, in one drive to Costco she called her Grandma Knudsen, Her Grandpa Hardman, and my back door neighbor Jill all without me having any idea. I heard her back there talking away and just assumed she was playing pretend, but no she was really talking to people. She now regularly calls (with my supervision now) and talks to anyone and everyone, she loves, loves, loves it. It is so cute when she says, "I miss you!" And "I dove you" it makes my heart melt!

8. Climber and jumper: I know I have posted about Lydia's obsession with jumping but now add climbing to that. Every time I turn around she is climbing on something. The other day I was putting laundry away and it got really quiet. I went into the kitchen to see her in the pantry on the second shelf trying to get to the candy. She had pulled che's food jar out and climbed on that and worked her way up to the candy. Needless to say I moved the candy (ha ha ha!) She climbs on our bed which is really tall for her and jumps off too. I swear that little girl is fearless...I love it. This summer we are going to work on transferring that fearlessness over to water, I'm hoping to be able to take her down the water slide on the house boat this summer!

9.Dancer: She is still my little dancer, every time there is any music you know what Lydia is going to be found doing. Now it is a little more structured. She comes and watches the big girls dance and is always trying to do summer-saults and turns. She loves to get out the mats down in the studio and jump and fall all over them. I can't believe that she will be 2 and able to start dance pretty soon, I'm going to wait until the fall though so I have a chance to get her potty trained and prepped to listen to mommy (ha ha ha!) But I am way excited for her to start to channel her love of dance!

10. My sweet little mini-mommy! I tell ya the girl loves babies. Everytime we see one whether it is at the grocery store, church, or families babies Lydia loves them. She get's a little jealous when I hold them but she goes to them and lightly rubs their belly's and points out their finger and toes. She will feed her little toy dolls and rub their backs and make sure they are feeling ok, I love to see my little nurturer!




6 comments:

Alex, Brad, Carly & Devin said...

It's crazy but she sounds just like Alex in girl form. That may or may not be a good thing. She is so cute. I am always saying "where does the time go?". It's so cliché but so true.
Glad to hear she's moved on from Yo Gabba Gabba. Alex on the other hand has recently started to enjoy it. It drives me nuts!

Meg said...

She is so stinkin' cute! Love that girl!!

holly said...

so cute!! they do grow up so fast...but it only gets better! its so fun to watch them grow and learn new things. kate will do or say something new & half the time i'm wondering where she got it from!! they are fun!!

and....if lydia needs a baby to take care of....i know where she can get one :)

Staci Davies said...

She seems like quite the little character. So adorable! It's great your dance studio is going so well! Way to go girl!

Anonymous said...

With that little belly of heres, It more Like 22 months going on 40 years :) ha ha Love ya sis- Tybob

Momma Fish said...

We need to add Warren to her friend list. They were so cute together in nursery. Call me when you want to get them together.


This is my favorite pic of her holding on to grandpa's finger

Baby Girl

Baby Girl
This is our baby girl at 16 weeks. It was such an amazing thing to see her moving and count all of her fingers and toes for the first time. I know I bawled and Chris won't admitt it, but he was pretty emotional as well.

It's a girl!

It's a girl!

She's going to be a dancer