Monday, March 22, 2010

My "best friends" wedding!


So Chris and I and Lydia had the chance this weekend to go to St. George for my best friends wedding. First of all Amanda is seriously the most amazing person that I have ever met and known. She is such a great friend and I really don't think that I really truly appreciate what her friendship really means to me. She is the kind of friend that would decorate my room before drill competitions in high school, even though I went to Hillcrest and she went to Brighton. She is the kind of friend that have never forgotten my birthday since I was 12...no joke. And she is the kind of friend that has sent me a mother's day card for the past two years. Who are we kidding friends like this don't exist and I'm not nearly that thoughtful.


Anyways as soon as we got the invitation to her wedding I was so excited. #1 that Amanda had finally found someone who appreciated and loved Amanda like she deserved. And #2 that the wedding was in St. George. First of all you have to know that for a living Mandz is an event planner so I knew going in that this was going to be a wedding I would never forget and seriously it was even better than I ever imagined. I wished I could re-do my entire wedding and have her plan it, that's how great it was.

Anyways here were a few of the highlights!
-Friday Fiesta:
-Amazing authentic mexican food
-Seeing Amanda's Mom, Fiance' Danny and Danny's dad and grandpa in authentic mexican pancho's (it was awesome!)
-She had a welcome gift for everyone attending the wedding...which included amazing chips and salsa and a cookie from great harvest that was to die for.
-Chris and I having no where to stay and luckily the Budget inn and suites had a cancellation, so we got hooked up with a "sweet" suite for very inexpensive.
-Taking Lydia to Fiesta fun...$0 Yeah!
-Saturday pre-wedding day:
-Getting "The Egg and I" for breakfast
-Heading to the outlet's...didn't really find anything but the weather was good.
-Going to the Sand Hollow aquatic center...Lydia loved all the water slides and the heated pool.
-Saturday Wedding go time:
-Getting to the ceremony as it is starting. Danny was walking down the aisle and literally told me it was "OK" and that I should "Run!" ha ha ha...Chris had to sneak in later it was out door and very difficult to sneak since you had to walk across the golf coarse.
-Seeing Todd walk Amanda down the aisle...so sweet.
-Hearing their vows, they were amazing. They couldn't take their eyes off of each other it was so sweet.
-After the ceremony hors durves (sp) Chris is still talking about the coconut shrimp.
-The amazing decorations and details of the wedding. It was at "The Ledges" of St.George. So every guest got golf tee's with "Danny loves Amanda" printed on them, there were even golf balls with the logo. She also had a kids table with coloring books, candy and even barrel of monkeys. Also the kids got chicken strips and fries instead of the gourmet food...oh my every detail was though of!
-The toast...Chris and I had to use Lydia's martinelli's since they just assumed we were over 21 and drank (ha ha ha!) But They all had me in tears especially Amanda! Love, Love, Love that girl.
-Her dress.... can I just say AMAZING! I will have to steal pictures from someone soon so people can see this dress she looked like a star seriously!

Anyways it was such an amazing wedding and so fun to see my best friend in love with her best friend! Anyways Danny and Amanda we love you guys so much and we felt so blessed to be apart of you wedding!




2 comments:

Meg said...

I want to see some pictures!! Sounds like a fairytale wedding! Why didn't you just go over to grandma and Chapin's and ask if you could stay there?!?! Also, did you use your Dixie Direct?

smallfry21 said...

That is a friend you want to hold onto! I do remember her coming to every drill competition and thinking how sweet of a friend to support your rival school! she is a beautiful girl! It is nice to know you have a friend you can always count on!


This is my favorite pic of her holding on to grandpa's finger

Baby Girl

Baby Girl
This is our baby girl at 16 weeks. It was such an amazing thing to see her moving and count all of her fingers and toes for the first time. I know I bawled and Chris won't admitt it, but he was pretty emotional as well.

It's a girl!

It's a girl!

She's going to be a dancer