Monday, March 29, 2010

When you gotta go...

Well I didn't really want to push the whole toilet training thing until Lydia was showing signs that she was ready. About a month ago she decided that she wanted to flush the toilet, which was a big step considering that before she was sort of afraid of that. Then she started saying "I go potty" so we got her a little toilet seat attachment and a stool to get up. Well on several occasions I have caught her she has taken all of her clothes off, got the seat out and set it up and put her stool over by the toilet. I have to put her on the toilet myself about 4 times a day, and she get's so stinking excited about it...I love it! She doesn't ever actually go but she sits and goes through the motions and loves washing her hands at the end. It is so funny to see your kids grow up and so amazing when they decide something for themselves. I figure that it will happen naturally, and when she is ready!





2 comments:

Alex, Brad, Carly & Devin said...

Oh lucky you on the potty training! We are still trying to get Alex to, but he has not interest at all. Boys are difficult sometimes!

Momma Fish said...

We are going to start the process soon. Not very excited though.


This is my favorite pic of her holding on to grandpa's finger

Baby Girl

Baby Girl
This is our baby girl at 16 weeks. It was such an amazing thing to see her moving and count all of her fingers and toes for the first time. I know I bawled and Chris won't admitt it, but he was pretty emotional as well.

It's a girl!

It's a girl!

She's going to be a dancer