Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Sleeping where?



For those of you who know Lydia well, you know that she is a great sleeper, but only in a bed. Well yesterday Lydia jumped out of her crib, and we decided it was time to move her into her big girl bed. We decided later than we should have that we would set it up and in the process I guess Lydia decided she was tuckered out. Well it got quiet and the next thing we knew that little girlie was asleep on the mattress in the family room. For as long as I have known Lydia (her whole life to be exact) she has never fallen asleep just anywhere, it was so cute to see and made me want to cry too because she is growing up!

She slept last night and is napping right now in her bed and she has done fabulous. She hasn't tried to get out of bed one single time, and I'm hoping it stays that way. I will post pics of the final product of the big girl bed soon, I think it is pretty cute (but then again I am biased!)



2 comments:

Kyle and Megan said...

I am so jealous. We moved Corbin to a bed almost a month ago and it has been a lot harder than I had ever anticipated. He sleeps wonderfully in it but at first it was getting him to stay in the bed. We finally took the advice of Supernanny and it has gotten a lot better but there are still times he tests us. It's been really hard but I am so glad that Lydia has been so good for you guys! And that picture is pretty adorable. :)

Heather Strong said...

Oh my gosh, Emmett started climbing out of his crib, too! I think we need to do the bed thing, too!


This is my favorite pic of her holding on to grandpa's finger

Baby Girl

Baby Girl
This is our baby girl at 16 weeks. It was such an amazing thing to see her moving and count all of her fingers and toes for the first time. I know I bawled and Chris won't admitt it, but he was pretty emotional as well.

It's a girl!

It's a girl!

She's going to be a dancer