Thursday, March 11, 2010

Stop and smell the roses!

We have had a lot of thing going on in our lives over the past few weeks, some of them have really made me realize that I need to just "Stop and smell the roses" for lack of a better saying.


I feel like sometimes my life is truly on auto-pilot and that includes my complaints about things in my life. Well I have a beautiful family, an amazing husband who loves me, a darling daughter who makes me smile every day, and I have the gospel. I know it may sound corny but what else matters?

I have spent a lot of time complaining about "this and that" and I'm just done. I'm a mom I'm always going to be busy, and tired and dirty but I'm grateful that I can walk and play with my daughter. I am never going to be able to control everything that happens to me in my life, but I can control how I react to the things that come my way. And my house is never going to be perfectly clean, the laundry totally done and I'm never going to look as good as I did when I got married...it is OK! I'm just so blessed to have the things I do, and the people in my life to share it with.

I hope that I remember this moment, this "Ah, Ha" this "Hit ya in the face" this "life is gonna pass you by" moment for a lot longer than I did last time, and I hope I can really make some changes in my life that will help me to see the positive things that are in my life!

So for everyone that has heard my complaining about how picked on, or how horrible the things that are going on in our lives are lately... just tell me to "STOP!" I won't be offended, I promise! Remind me of all the great things I have in my life and remind me that complaining isn't going to change anything, that is my job!



9 comments:

Meg said...

this post was good for me to read today because I have had one of those "feeling sorry for myself" days and I really do need to remember all the good things in my life also. Love ya.

Janeen said...

I totally agree with you. Life is about the journey, enjoy it. I am trying to enjoy my life in the moment as well, and it's not always easy. Hope your brother in law is doing as well as your last post and everything continues to get better.

Sarah said...

Love it. I'm glad you posted this. it's a good reminder for me. Life is great :)

Jill Bowcutt said...

You are so right. Thanks for the reminder. And I'm sorry but out of everybody that I know you are the most optimistic, happiest person out there. So don't be so hard on yourself :)

P.S. I'm finally caught up with my blog. Now I can move in peace :)

Jake and Kim said...

Well put. So true. Something we all need to hear (and come to grips with) at this stage in our lives!! I love this post.. Thanks for this lesson!!

Meg said...

Very true post, but I have to say I have never heard you complain ever! And Patrick was telling me how CLEAN your house was!!

Hansen Family said...

wow britt thanks you for that! I too have been having a lot of poor me moments. Your right I do have a lot of really great things in my life

Rachelle Underwood said...

Amen! It is true that we can't control what happens to us, but we can control how we handle the situation. It is a hard task sometimes, but those are the moments that define who we are. It is so easy to complain, but nice to be brought back into the "humble" emotions every once in a awhile...good post Britt!

RyanandHailee said...

Seriously!!! Thanks for the reminder! Sometimes we just get so caught up in life to see how truely blessed we are! I needed that post! Hope things are going well for you guys! :)


This is my favorite pic of her holding on to grandpa's finger

Baby Girl

Baby Girl
This is our baby girl at 16 weeks. It was such an amazing thing to see her moving and count all of her fingers and toes for the first time. I know I bawled and Chris won't admitt it, but he was pretty emotional as well.

It's a girl!

It's a girl!

She's going to be a dancer