Monday, March 22, 2010

What do you mean your moving?

Well I'm sure that some of you have heard me talk about (as I usually put it) "my back door neighbor...Jill!" My dad calls her the cookie girl. The first time my dad met her was when we were getting ready to move in and she brought over cookies, my dad thought that was so nice. Well two weeks ago we were so sad to hear the news that Jared got a job offer in Dallas and that they would be moving out in two weeks. Needless to say I was absolutely heart broken. When Chris called to break the news to me I was literally crying. It isn't very often that you have a neighbor that becomes such a close friend. Jill and I about6 months ago started running in the mornings together. At first I appreciated having someone to get me out of bed and off of my butt, but soon it turned into so much more. It was so nice to have the opportunity to talk to someone and vent amongst other things. To compare kids, and bounce ideas off of each other. I started to look forward to our 6:45 am runs just to have my "therapy session" with Jill (ha ha ha!) It was also so fun to get to know their darling family. Her two boys Parker and Tage are seriously the cutest kids ever, you may remember me putting dibs on Tage for Lydia when she get's older. They have been the best neighbors, always watching out for us, and just as sweet as can be. I am so excited for the adventure that lies ahead, and I can only hope that we are able to stay in touch. For now I'm sad to see them go and to loose my friend/running buddy/therapist. Bowcutts good luck...we will definitely miss you more then you will ever know!


3 comments:

Hughes Family said...

They are going to love Dallas. We are wishing we moved here sooner! Let her know if she has any questions or needs help with anything to let me know. We are in Garland which is about 15 minutes outside of Dallas. :)

Heather Strong said...

That is a bummer! Our neighbors across the street just sold their house and things will never be the same around here... Why can't we all just stay put, huh??

Momma Fish said...

I would love to be your walk/jog partner. I am not match to Jill in the physically fit department, but I can listen and gab with the best of them!!! We can watch each other get fatter over the next few months as we work out! What a great concept. Working out with no chance of getting smaller. You need another pregnant friend to do that with.


This is my favorite pic of her holding on to grandpa's finger

Baby Girl

Baby Girl
This is our baby girl at 16 weeks. It was such an amazing thing to see her moving and count all of her fingers and toes for the first time. I know I bawled and Chris won't admitt it, but he was pretty emotional as well.

It's a girl!

It's a girl!

She's going to be a dancer