Tuesday, July 5, 2011

4th of July fun!

I can honestly say that the 4th of July is by far one of my all time favorite holiday's. I can't go the entire holiday without getting chills from witnessing patriotism, or getting teary eyed just thinking about how grateful I am to live in the amazing country. I am a total nerd and I "LOVE" politics (mostly because of the family that I grew up in) but I am honestly proud to be an american and there is no better way to celebrate the birth of this country then to go to the RODEO and enjoy some time in the mountains enjoying the amazing scenery that God has blessed this amazing country with!

We started our Holiday off Friday night by going to the "Oakley Rodeo" if you have never been I highly suggest it, there is something about that rodeo, it is by far one of the best I have ever been to. We have been for the past three years and I look forward to this tradition for the years to come!

Saturday morning the boys woke up bright and early to go golfing and we slept in (both of my kids slept in past 9...oh happy day!) Then we all met at the Yolk for breakfast and headed to the outlets. Afterwards Chris surprised our family with 2 "yellow boats" as Lydia calls them they are kayaks, we have been wanting to get into camping but Chris really wanted for us to have something to do while we camp and Kayak's seemed to be a fun way to spend time as a family. We headed up to Smith and Morehouse and spend the evening Kayaking around. That night we had a little bonfire and roasted marshmellows...a camping must!

Sunday morning we woke up (Around 9 am, again...YES!!!) and got ready for Church. I love going to Church in Oakley, I haven't been to my home ward for a couple of years and so maybe I have a skewed perception but there is something about the patriotism up there. I have yet to go to a sacrament meeting up there without bawling like a baby and this year was no exception. The rest of the day we hung around and played the game "Settlers"...if you haven't played it yet you should it is SO much fun...we are OBSESSED to say the least.

Then Monday we hit the outlets one more time, had a great lunch with my family, and later had a BBQ with out good friends the MIller's and watched neighborhood fireworks. We had so much fun and I loved seeing how excited Lydia got when she would see all the American flag's. I love this Holiday and enjoyed every second I had to spend with my little family!

P.S. A big "Thank-You" to Chris' family for letting us stay up at the cabin, and a big thank-you to them for sleeping in the truck so we could all sleep in the cabin! It was a really fun weekend and we are looking forward to next year already!
The Oakley Rodeo is the BOMB!!!
Lydia loves the rodeo, but she wasn't loving seeing the horses bucking...I think it made her nervous.
We had the BEST seats this year...Audrey looks really happy to be there!
I loved that they brought out all the baby horses with their parents...yes I was crying...no I am not pregnant (ha ha ha!)
My little cowgirl!
Our Little Family!
Darin got the best outfit award for sure...if I didn't know him I would've thought he was a real cowboy for sure!
Lyd showing off her cute cowgirl boots, it is time to get a new pair those are definitely too small (good thing Audrey will be able to wear them too!)
I honestly didn't feel like I saw Lydia all weekend because she was with her cousins Bode and Raini the entire time. I loved seeing her having so much fun and it just made me realize how grateful I am that she will have such good friends to grow up with!
We took a family picture but I couldn't bring myself to wake her up...doesn't she look like she is zonked?
The family!
Our little family...don't mind Liddy showing off her underoo's, but it is just so fitting (ha ha ha!)
Best Buds
Audrey and Hawk had so much fun together...Clint took it upon himself to try to coach Audrey to crawl, despite his best efforts she never quite caught on (lucky got me...ha ha ha!)
The kids LOVED jumping on the tramp!
Audrey was loving the tramp too...even though next time I will be sure not to put her on the tramp after eating, she spit up all over me about 2 minutes after jumping.
My little rodeo princess at the outlets hanging out with daddy while mommy finished up some shopping!
After we got home Lydia was loving pushing Auds in the stroller...they went up and down the street about 20 times and they were both in HEAVEN!
Watching the fireworks. I had to laugh I told Chris to get some fireworks that shoot up into the air high (fireworks are my all time favorite) he came back with these little fireworks that barley shoot up...luckily our neighbors bought the good kind so we just mooched off of them (ha ha ha!)
Our BFF's the Miller's...I am in LOVE with baby Cash! df
Another family pic without audrey...I swear every time I get out the camera that little one falls asleep! One of these days I swear I will get some good pics!



2 comments:

NatBug said...

What a great 4th of July! That Oakley rodeo sure does look fun, my brother and his girlfriend and her family went too! We will have to try that sometime. Your dress was super cute too!

Katie said...

Cute pics! Looks like so much fun!


This is my favorite pic of her holding on to grandpa's finger

Baby Girl

Baby Girl
This is our baby girl at 16 weeks. It was such an amazing thing to see her moving and count all of her fingers and toes for the first time. I know I bawled and Chris won't admitt it, but he was pretty emotional as well.

It's a girl!

It's a girl!

She's going to be a dancer