Thursday, June 5, 2008

School's out for summer...School's out forever!

Here is my class being total goof-balls! They are all so dang cute, and each one has their own unique personality.

These are some of the smiles I got to see every day...I know I was pretty lucky!
The triple trouble, these girls were my favorites! They were always wanting to help, and even though they talked a lot they were darling. The little one in the middle was on american idol!
Well it has been one heck of a journey and I'm actually sad to see it end. I've now been teaching for three years. I know it doesn't sound like a long time but I loved every second of it. This years class was so amazing. They were a dream class, so good, so cute and most importantly so eager to learn. I can honestly say I'm going to miss the opportunity to teach. Even though the pay sucks and your over worked, to see those kids smiles every morning and how excited they always were about school made it more than worth it. I had a mom who knew that I wanted to have the kids make a quilt for Lydia because the kids were always so excited whenever they saw her kick and always asked all sorts of questions about her. So I wanted to have something to give her from them. Since I had her two weeks early I never got the chance, but Jennifer remembered and came in while I was gone to have the students make it for her. I just started bawling when I opened it. It was the perfect gift and the perfect way to finish off the year. I will always have a very special place in my heart for the students I've had the chance to work with. So here's to the end of one chapter in my life, and I look forward to what the next chapter has in store!

6 comments:

Meg said...

Mrs. Knudsen!! That post about the students made me get a little choked up!! You are the best teacher ever....and I hope I can become half the teacher you are. You have been busy today posting ...I enjoy it! Love you, your BFF

Jake and Kim said...

Oh my gosh even though I was with them for a month, my heart was so full looking at these pics, they really were amazing kids!! Thanks for the opportunity! You look more and more fantastic every time I see you Britt. You are the cutest mommy!!

Marie said...

Hi there neigherbor! I know you're an awesome teacher, but I'm glad you're at home now :)

Catherine said...

Sweet Lydia is just darling and her nursery couldn't be any cuter! I'm glad we are connected again. It's fun to keep up with you. Hope you're enjoying being a new mommy . . . you already look like a natural :0)

Clint and Jinger Miller said...

Bodie had reflux really bad!!! If you have any questions or need some tips I can help.

Meg said...

Ummm...kinda surprised you haven't made any comments about our "ode" to you and the babe on our blog. I thought we were friends! jk love you


This is my favorite pic of her holding on to grandpa's finger

Baby Girl

Baby Girl
This is our baby girl at 16 weeks. It was such an amazing thing to see her moving and count all of her fingers and toes for the first time. I know I bawled and Chris won't admitt it, but he was pretty emotional as well.

It's a girl!

It's a girl!

She's going to be a dancer