Tuesday, February 10, 2009

25 Random things...

Well I"ve been tagged for this several times on Facebook but for some reason my facbook on my computer is deathly slow so I'm going to do it on my blog.

1. I love sleeping in a made bed, one of the things I love most about being home is that I have time to make the bed every day for that reason. I just feel like I sleep more peacefully!

2. I can not burp! It is one of the worst feelings in the world because I just can not burp no matter how hard I try. My family gave me the fake diagnosis of Burpis retainis maximus.

3. Because of #2 I can't drink carbonation. Drinking carbonation just gets my tummy all full and feeling like I need to burp without any relief, so I wish it was because I am just a health nut but honestly I've paid the price one too many times for a cold glass of Dr. Pepper!

4. Sometimes when I go shopping late at night I go down every single isle and put everything that I could ever want into it. And as I keep on perusing I slowly put the wants back in random places until I'm left with only the needs!

5. I can not stand dirty dishes in the sink. I grew up in a family where when you were done you always put it right into the dishwasher (which was always conviently emptied.) So now I have the same obsession!

6. I LOVE to run, one of the happiest times in my life was when I was training for the first time I ran the St. George marathon. There is something so amazing about running a lot it gives you this amazing sense of accomplishment, and you can literally have it almost every day!

7. I kissed Chris when I was 17 years old and have not kissed another person since (It seems kind of crazy to think of it like that, but I'm not sad about it in the least!)

8. Despite all the horrible things that are said about drill team I absolutely loved every second of being on that team, I loved the friendships, and feeling like you were apart of something bigger that yourself! I went back and watched state this year, and I won't lie part of me wished that I could be back there when the only things you worried about were being to drill on time, and winning state!

9. I drove a red jetta for 9 years of my life. My first car Derek is now driving or should I say trashing and my second Jetta is somewhere in Holladay with it's new owner. I love jetta's the crayon smell that never went away. I have a lot of good memories driving my little red jettas!

10. I get anxiety on Sunday nights. I got it really bad when I was a teacher, just thinking about having to go back to school and everything I had to get done. I thought it would go away but I still get it a little bit on Sunday nights!

11.I can pop my rib cage in and out of place and click my tounge so loud it hurts your ears!

12. I am a total people pleaser. I hate confrontation and a lot of the time I will completely give up my opinion or what I want to make sure that other people are happy...this is one thing that I really wish i could change. I wish I would stand up for what I want more often.

13. I love being a mom. For as long as I can remember all I wanted was to be a mom. I seriously feel like there really is no job that brings as much meaning into your life!

14. When I was teaching school the secretary used to put little chocolates or candies on the tables for people to snack on (I had a little bit of a chocolate obsession) I would take handfulls and hide them in my desk for a chocolate moment! Thanks Katherine you saved me without even knowing it!

15. If I had a million dollars I would pay off my house and then go shopping! I would buy all the things that I have always wanted and just can't justify right now. And then I would shop some more just because I could!

16. I have been hired at every single job I have ever applied to and I have never been fired.

17. I love "The Bachelor" it is such a sad obsession and sometimes I feel alone in this obsession, but I love that show. I love the catty-ness of the girls and how cool that dates are that they go on. And who are we kidding I love the DRAMA! (for those of you watching I want Jullian to win!)

18. I have never had long hair...no matter how hard I try to grow it out I just can't do it. My hair grows ridiculously slow and it isn't thick so when it is longer it just doesn't look great. It is one thing I wish I had but doubt I ever will.

19. I love appetizers and dessert. Every meal we have I always have to hold back because I'll be honest I would get a three course meal every time we ate out if it was acceptable.

20. I feel like I'm a pretty adventerous person. I have been bungy jumping, sky diving, para sailing, kayaking, white water rafting, moab jeeping, wave running in the ocean, scuba diving, 4 wheeling in the jungle, deep sea fishing!

21. The first journal entry that I wrote after I met Chris was "I am going to marry him" I was only 17 and at the time it seemed silly but I guess I always knew that Chris was the perfect person for me, and that he was worth fighting for and waiting 2 years for!

22. I eat some of Lydia's baby food. I know most people probably think it is disgusting but I love the bananas and the sweet potatoes. If she doesn't finish it I finish it for her. And I have even been known to go "one bite for Lydia, one bite for mom!"

24. I have never broken a single bone in my body (knock on wood) I have only had stitches once and never had surgery on anything other than getting my wisdom tooth (singular) out!

25. I have realized that I'm not as interesting as I thought, this took me a really long time to think of all of these and I feel like they are pretty boring.

I'm supposed to tag 25 people so to make it easy if you read this consider your self tagged!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I also love the bachelor-lets have a finale party at my house!! And I loved Drill Team too-we had some fun memories captain black back.

Jake and Kim said...

I think I got spoiled with the chocolates on the tables in the faculty room at your school! Our's doesn't do that, and every time I walk into my faculty room, I hope for candy on the tables..with no luck. Oh and I love that you eat baby food! I will tell you right now, I will do the same thing..it's like exotic applesauce, and who doesn't like applesauce!?

Sarah said...

That was so fun to read and get to know you better! I love those tags. And by the way, I think you are a very interesting person!

Ashley King said...

You seriously can't burp? That is so bizarre! And that is so cute that you wrote that you were going to marry Chris after you kissed him (awwee!).

Pew Family said...

I think your very interesting after reading this post. Very adventrous too! I agree with you about being a mom too, it's all I've ever wanted to do too! It's the best!

NatBug said...

That was so fun to read! I am so glad that I got to know more about you, you are a very interesting and exciting person to know! I have to do this tag too!


This is my favorite pic of her holding on to grandpa's finger

Baby Girl

Baby Girl
This is our baby girl at 16 weeks. It was such an amazing thing to see her moving and count all of her fingers and toes for the first time. I know I bawled and Chris won't admitt it, but he was pretty emotional as well.

It's a girl!

It's a girl!

She's going to be a dancer